• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Red blotches over face, not feeding.

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
We have just got prescribed milk for Lacey called Pepti Junior. She had a bottle of it last night at 8 and while she was feeding red blotches appeared on her face, round her eyes and on her forehead she had 5 OZ really well which is good for her lately as shes only been having little amounts...she seemed to enjoy it. She woke at 4 so i got her up for a feed, she had an OZ and that was it she wanted to go back to sleep, same happened at half 7 apart from she wouldn't have any. Then finally she had 2 OZ at 10 but never wanted anymore, she didn't seem in any pain just never wanted it... while having the 2 OZ the red blotches appeared again. Should i be worried? also should i be worried about her going that long and not wanting any? We have had trouble with her feeding and her being in pain with the milk so i think she now associates feeding with pain. Shes been smiley all morning so she doesn't seem unwell. xxx

Could be a slight allergic reaction to the milk hun, maybe call you HV and ask. I wouldn't worry about her feeding too much unless she only takes small amounts for a long period of time. Jack is rubbish with his 1st bottle every morning but usually drinks atleast 4-5oz at a time after that. If you're worried, call your HV or Doctor. It's what they're there for after all x

Its Soya milk. Shes been having 16 oz or less for over a week now but is still gaining weight she should be having 27 1/2 oz. I've rang out of hours.and waiting for them to ring back. Hope i don't have to go back to the other milk. xxx

Last edited:
Jack doesn't drink the recommended avarage amount for his age most days either hun but he's on the 50th percentile for his weight and he's the happiest little chappy all off the time. He's just not a big eater! We never worry unless he stops putting weight on but he's really thriving and hitting all of his milestones right on time. Perhaps Lacey is a little and often eater like Jack :) x

Could she perhaps not like the taste? Tegan was put on special formula as she's lactose intolerant & hated it to start with but eventually got used to it. if it is an allergic reaction hopefully they'll try Another one as they can prescribe formula that is hypoallergenic x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back