recipes for those on SW

rach

Reaction score
thought id start this as we had been discussing it on the "losing weight whos joining me thread"
if you put a recipe on here say if its green or red and how many sins are in it please :D
il start us off with my favourite jacket potato topper garlic mushrooms :D

bake your spuds
fry up lots of mushrooms and onions using fry light spray
add about 3 heaped teaspoons of lazy garlic (more if you like)
when the spuds are cooked scoop out the centre mix the mushrooms onions and garlic into the potato stuff back in the skins
sprinkle with 1oz of grated cheese (using an "a" choice) and pop under the grill to melt the cheese
serve with a nice salad

free on a green day just need to use 1 "a" choice for the cheese

xxxxxxxxxxx

pasta brunch

cook up some pasta
grill some quorn sausages
dry fry pasta with a whipped up egg
chop up the sausages and mix into some baked beans warm through and pour over the eggy pasta

completely free on green and delicious :D
xxxxxxx

looking for something different to go on a jacket spud???

if you follow the green diet some of the pasta n sauce packets are free (mushroom n wine, chicken and mushroom, tomato n herb, cheese n broccoli, bolognese) try 1 on a spud sounds weird to eat pasta with potatoes but its really nice i like the tomato n herb 1 with an a choice of cheese over the top :D

try spicing up your beans for your spud to make it a bit different curry powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, soy sauce, a spoon of pickle any of these can make a difference and make your beans more tasty :D

xxxxxxxx

summer will soon be here and i dont know about anyone else but i miss ice cream and lollies etc

lollies make your own buy a lolly mold set use a sugar free squash :D
ice cream well not quite the same but if you like muller light yogurt try freezing them pop 1 in the freezer for about 4 hours shake it every half hour its lovely (be warned the kids will steal them :rotfl: ) i have to put 2 in now to make sure i get 1
xxxxxxxxxxx

oohh Rach that pasta brunch sounds yummy! mmmmmmmmmm

Sausage, egg and chips

peel and chop into chips as many potatoes as you can eat!
boil for 6 minutes (until slightly soft)
Drain and lay on paper towell for a few minutes.
Spary a baking tray with frylight and cook in oven until golden brown (about 35 mins) I spray regularly with frylight to get a nice colour.

Grill some quorn sauages, normal or cumberland
poach an egg in water
maybe have baked beans or mushrooms and grilled tomatoes too

All free on green and so yummy.
The chips are so nice, I don't buy oven chips anymore as my OH loves theses more!

Cheese burgers

Make up burgers using low fat mince, chopped onion, herbs and bind with an egg.
Put light mini baby bells in the middle, 3 for 1 A choice or 2 full fat ones. Bake in oven.
Serve with grill toms, mushrooms, red onion and a green salad :)

All free on original plus 1 a choice

I think this post is fantasic... keep it coming!!! I tried SW before but got a bit bored as i wasnt very imaginative with the menus (not quite sure what i could and couldnt have and didnt want to cheat!) so gave up! :? I would like to try again and someone referred me to this post as you have some great ideas girls. If you could continue with some more menus for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks it would be a great help to me. Or if you have any info you could email me that would be fantastic as well. Did you give up alcohol whilst doing the diet as i dont see it on the menu???? :rotfl: :lol: :oops:

This thread is fantatstic and when i have finished on cambridge I will be joining slimming world - the food sounds great!!!

Chicken wrapped in bacon
Free on red + 1a choice and 1 b choice
Slice a hole in a chicken breast and fill with 42g mozzarella or feta. Wrap bacon over the breast. I use about 3 bits with all the fat cut off. If I'm feeling hungry I have 2 breasts and divide the cheese between them!
Spray a baking dish with fry light and add 227g of diced pots (no need to boil) diced courgettes and diced carrots. Cook both for about 30 mins.

Baked Salmon and Med Veg
Free on red + 1a choice
Spray a baking dish with fry light then add loads of your fav chopped up veggies (no pots or parnsips) I use aubergines, leeks, mushrooms, red onions, courgettes etc. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes, basil and 42g of diced mozzarella. Stir.
Add a layer of raw spinach and then put a couple of fillets of your fav fish. I usually use salmon. Bit of lemon and pepper and cover with foil.
Baked in oven for about 40 minutes. Yummy and there's only one pan to wash up!

Stuffed mushrooms or peppers
Free on either + 1 a choice
Diced some mushrooms, courgettes and leeks and fry in frylight. Add garlic and a few herbs. Mix with some quark and add to hollowed out large mushrooms or peppers. If you spray the outside of the pepper with frylight before cooking it makes them sweeter. Add cheese on top, I use 42g feta as an A choice, but you can use anything you like. Bake in oven for 30 mins.

Spinach and ricotta cannelloni
Free on green + 1 a and 1 b choice
Wilt some spinach, pat dry and roughly chop. Add to 85g ricotta and some nutmeg. Mix together. Chop garlic, red onions, mushroom, aubergines and leek and fry in a little frylight. Add can of toms and herbs. While that's cooking fill some cannelloni with the spinach mixture. Lay out in an oven dish and then pour on the tom/veg sauce. Sprinkle cheese (28g cheddar) on top and baked in oven for 30 mins

Misslarue said:
Chicken wrapped in bacon
Free on red + 1a choice and 1 b choice
Slice a hole in a chicken breast and fill with 42g mozzarella or feta. Wrap bacon over the breast. I use about 3 bits with all the fat cut off. If I'm feeling hungry I have 2 breasts and divide the cheese between them!
Spray a baking dish with fry light and add 227g of diced pots (no need to boil) diced courgettes and diced carrots. Cook both for about 30 mins.

Baked Salmon and Med Veg
Free on red + 1a choice
Spray a baking dish with fry light then add loads of your fav chopped up veggies (no pots or parnsips) I use aubergines, leeks, mushrooms, red onions, courgettes etc. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes, basil and 42g of diced mozzarella. Stir.
Add a layer of raw spinach and then put a couple of fillets of your fav fish. I usually use salmon. Bit of lemon and pepper and cover with foil.
Baked in oven for about 40 minutes. Yummy and there's only one pan to wash up!

Stuffed mushrooms or peppers
Free on either + 1 a choice
Diced some mushrooms, courgettes and leeks and fry in frylight. Add garlic and a few herbs. Mix with some quark and add to hollowed out large mushrooms or peppers. If you spray the outside of the pepper with frylight before cooking it makes them sweeter. Add cheese on top, I use 42g feta as an A choice, but you can use anything you like. Bake in oven for 30 mins.

Spinach and ricotta cannelloni
Free on green + 1 a and 1 b choice
Wilt some spinach, pat dry and roughly chop. Add to 85g ricotta and some nutmeg. Mix together. Chop garlic, red onions, mushroom, aubergines and leek and fry in a little frylight. Add can of toms and herbs. While that's cooking fill some cannelloni with the spinach mixture. Lay out in an oven dish and then pour on the tom/veg sauce. Sprinkle cheese (28g cheddar) on top and baked in oven for 30 mins

Thanks for that misslarue :hug: :hug:

Hey xxsammyxx :wave:
Sorry hun I have only just seen your post, I haven't been on this thread for months!
Do you still want help with your questions? :D

Yay the recipe thread!! Thanks MissLarue!! :D

I had the most yummy tea tonight! I got this recipe off the website but will put it here too! :D

Chilli Beef (or like I did, chicken) noodles!

Cut 340g sirloin steak or 454g of chicken into strips,
place in a bowl with 1 tbsp of soy sauce and 1/2tsp of crushed dried chillies, marinate in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
Slice 1/2 red, 1/2 yellow and 1/2 green peppers and a carrot, cook up around 300g of dried noodles.

Heat a wok sprayed with Frylight and stir in the meat,soy sauce and chillie for 2-3 minutes.
Add peppers and carrot and continue frying until soft.
Add the noodles and heat up then serve!

Free on a green day as long as you use the meat as a healthy extra! :D

This is soooo yummy I was amazed with myself! :D (as I cant actually cook haha seriously! )

rach said:
thought id start this as we had been discussing it on the "losing weight whos joining me thread"
if you put a recipe on here say if its green or red and how many sins are in it please :D
il start us off with my favourite jacket potato topper garlic mushrooms :D

bake your spuds
fry up lots of mushrooms and onions using fry light spray
add about 3 heaped teaspoons of lazy garlic (more if you like)
when the spuds are cooked scoop out the centre mix the mushrooms onions and garlic into the potato stuff back in the skins
sprinkle with 1oz of grated cheese (using an "a" choice) and pop under the grill to melt the cheese
serve with a nice salad

free on a green day just need to use 1 "a" choice for the cheese

xxxxxxxxxxx

Is lazy garlic free? I know the pastes arent all free - the schwartz paste is 1.5 syns per level tbsp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back