Really worried about my little man

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
We are going into the forth week of him being unwell. He cant seem to shake of this really bad cough and his nose is streaming on and off, hes not really sleeping and hes not really eating.
The doctor was reluctant to give him antibiotics but she said she would prescribe some and to start taking them if he gets worse but like any mother would i went to get them straight away, this is his 3rd day and hes getting worse not better! I first thought maybe swine flu but he hasnt got a high temp. Anyone else have any ideas what it can be? x x

Hey M2A :wave:

I was always told that if antibiotics don't take effect within 24 hours then they aren't going to work so I'd get him back to the doctors hun

xxx

Get him back to the docs hun, it sounds like they left it too long to give him anything and now the stuff they has prescribed won't do the job - maybe he needs secondary antibiotics. This happened to my daughter and she ended up in hospital as the chest infection turned to pneumonia. She had a spiking temp though, terrible cough, and by the time she was rushed to hospital she hadn't been eating anything and was really lethargic. If I'm not happy I will never just trust my GP's word again!

Thanks Kezza and Laura, i have been adviced to let Adam finish the course of antibiotics and then take him back :( x x

sorry I don't have much advice for you hon but I really hope he's feeling better soon :petal: x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back