Really struggling with aptamil comfort

Hunnie

Reaction score
I can't get it out of the bottle?! Bought new dr browns level 3 teats and it's still not coming out properly!! At a complete and utter loss :'(!!!!!!!

I used this and found it a nightmare! Poor Sophia couldn't suck it out of any teat we tried! I ended up making the hole bigger myself but the flow was then too fast. She got so tired trying to feed so I stopped, she wasn't taking anywhere near enough milk. It's so thick and it all sort of settles after about 10 mins or if it cools down!

I resorted to sticking a pin in and thankfully the flow is just right. Was beginning to tear my hair out!! X

Ahh didn't know Sophie had colic Hun xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Mummy to Joshua 23-01-10 &
Dylan 03-02-2012 <3 xx

Argh thank god I'm not the only one!! Poor Stanley was getting really frustrated x

Ahh didn't know Sophie had colic Hun xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Mummy to Joshua 23-01-10 &
Dylan 03-02-2012 <3 xx

Shes always suffered from it :( shes a proper gulper no matter how slow she feeds and how often she is burped and the doctor browns bottles really helped but I've now realised the sma wasn't good for her as she had stopped doing lots of wee nappies like she used to and I've only just noticed now she's changed milk and the frequent wet nappies are back which I'm happier about :)!!

I've resorted to getting the variflow teats for the tommee tippee bottles I have already as the pin trick didn't work at all and it still kept getting blocked which = one frustrated Sophie! Don't know how it's going to go but I'm close to tearing my hair out with all of this!

Got the variflow and she seems ok with them and we have good poo again :D xxx

With the comfort milk you have to make it with boiling water to dissolve the starch particles in it then cool it down as well as using a larger holed teat. The reason it wont come out and blocks the end with jelly/ wall paper paste type goo is because the powder hasnt dissolved properley which means that baby wont be able to digest it properly. I had this problem and when I rang the care line about it I was told that it had to be boiling water else it wont breakdown. Hope this helps.

With the comfort milk you have to make it with boiling water to dissolve the starch particles in it then cool it down as well as using a larger holed teat. The reason it wont come out and blocks the end with jelly/ wall paper paste type goo is because the powder hasnt dissolved properley which means that baby wont be able to digest it properly. I had this problem and when I rang the care line about it I was told that it had to be boiling water else it wont breakdown. Hope this helps.

Tried this today and it really helped! Thank you so much xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back