Really worried... tests and test results

xxsammyxx

Reaction score
I'm off to make the 3rd attempt at a smear test tomorrow. I had one done years ago but the test results came back inconclusive due to AF starting that very day. I had another one done for the first time in years last week and the "Bitch" turned up one hour before the test so they said they could not use the sample (after going through the embarrassing scenario of the procedure anyway with a male doctor!) Tomorrow i have the third test and i know i won't get the results tomorrow ut im dreading it, im so scared there will be something wrong and after reading stories of girls on here with loop thingies and all that im starting to panic. I also have to pick up some results from blood tests tomorrow. Initially i went to be tested for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) but he had a biggggg long list of lots of other things to test me for, god knows what. I'm so worried... :( Please click on my eggs if you get chance, it won't stop me worrying but it might make me feel a bit happier if i can at last "hatch" something! :wink:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I really hope the test results come back clear for you hun.

I hate smears I had about 4 at the beginning of the year because I kept on having infections :doh:

I've clicked your eggs too :D

Don't get me started on smear tests...... 2 years ago I had 1 inconclusive, then I had another and they smashed the slide, then I went and had another and they LOST the slide, then I had to have ANOTHER and it was inconclusive.... so the said the would have to refer me to the colposcopy department to have another one. Which wouldn't normally be a bad thing but my MUM runs the colposcopy clinic!!!!
Sammy I'm sure everything will be fine, with your smear.
You said you think you might have IBS??? what other things are you being tested for?? because I've just been diagnoised with Ulcerative colitis, and I thought I had IBS. I had to have loads of tests, not nice and I'm on lots of meds but it hasn't stopped me getting a BFP. Let me know how you get on xxx

Hi honey.. Not been on here for what seems like forever, finally have the internet sorted, we think so long as it dont keep going down!!

Good luck for the results, i had abnormal results and had to have the Lletz treatment this year so if it does come back as not so good news just give me a shout and i can tell you how mine went..x.

Take care

Hi, girls (hi sunshine!! how ya doing?) Yeah, the first was inconclusive but because i hate smears i didnt go back (you know how you always think everything is going to be ok!) I think i have IBS because when i eat certain foods like bread and spicy stuff i get a really bloated stomach, wind, pains, constipation (i only go once every 2-3 days!) etc. I started a diet which only consisted of chicken and rice and cut out all bread and did that for a week and i had no more symptoms and went more regularly. IBS runs on our family also so it would just my luck to have it! :evil:

Sunshine - glad to see you have internet now :) ours is always going down we have one of these ORANGE modem donglers and they are crap, its no more use than a chocolate teapot most of the time.

:hug: i'm sure everything will be fine hun xx

Thanks everyone... im just freaking out since that Jade Goody has been diagnosed with cancer. Im not saying that will happen to me (god i hope not!) but it does make you think when you havent had a test done for many many years :oops:

Sammy try not to worry. I put mine off for years cos it always hurt. had one done this year and it took her 4 attempts with 3 metal things :oops: all came back clear though. I'm SURE yours will too :hug:

btw i'm clicking eggs, why do we click dragons?

Hi Sammy, I hope the test goes ok :hug: When I went to the dr's to tell them I needed some help as wasn't getting pregnant they done a cervical smear and I was soooo scared but it was over so quick. I know the problem is with waiting for the results though :( . I was worried because my previous test came back with a slight abmormality due to swelling. This time it was fine and yours will too :hug:

As for the IBS, I have had that for the last 12 years and like you certain foods affect it. I don't think it can affect fertility as so many women have it, but yes it's not nice to be diagnosed with anything. Stay positive and keep us posted with how it goes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back