Really scary night :(

hayley_17

Reaction score
I had such a scary night last night. Made me feel like such a bad mummy :(

Owen was really upset with his teeth and wouldnt settle so i went and got him some calpol. I turned my lamp on and gave him the calpol in the syringe thingy. Well he started crying just as i squeezed it in and because it's new and only been used once before it was really stiff so as i pushed it, more came otu than i meant to put in his mouth. He started choking :( He kept making this funny noise & wouldn't breath, he started to look funny and went an awful purple colour. I ran out of my room with him and i think the motion of me running out helped him catch his breath. I could tell by his expression that it had scared him too. I was crying my eyes out & was shaking so much. He cried a little bit but i gave him his dummy and he went straight to sleep.

I was shaking for hours afterwards and kept checking on him every 5 mins... it sounds stupid but i was scared he would choke again and i wouldn't hear it, even though i had the monitors on! I went to bed an hour after him and just sat up nearly all night listening to him breathing. It scared me so much, made me realise just how much i love him :D

He's been really happy today, i'm still feeling pretty shaken by the whole thing and havent let him out of my sight. It was so horrible :(

Awwwwww, sounds like you've been much more upset by this than your beautiful little boy :hug: Well done you for managing to dislodge the extra calpol, it does sound really, really scary! I have lots of guinea pigs, and we give them something similar when they have bloating problems (can be fatal in g pigs) so I know how stiff those syringes can be and how easy it is to give too much by mistake. Personally I think you sound like a super mummy, and hope Owen continues to have a happy day today. Hope you can get a little nap in when he does, as it sounds like you do with the rest :hug:

Oh honey bless ya! I done that to Jaycee too! :oops: Its so scary!
Glad your both feeling better! Hugs for you both! :hug: :hug:
Maybe rinse with warm or boiling water first then use it with calpol to aviod sticking again? I used to run the kettle over it first lol was too scared to do that again! They also do a tube with a spooned end which was good to use. I got it in a boots saftey first kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back