Really Need Some Advice.... PLEASE

Jacey

Reaction score
Hi

Im 11 weeks overdue, experiencing waves of nausea and sensitive breasts. I did a home preg test yesterday which was negative. I suffer from ME and an underactive thyroid and take medication for my thyroid - I also have other hormone related probs such as severe acne and take antibiotics for this - I am wondering if my hormone probs may have affected the test result.

I went to see a doctor today {not my usual one} i explained the above to her she told me to try and focus on feeling better {how can I - ME is not something easy to treat / control}. I was also told to wait at least another 4 weeks and if I havent had a period by then to come back. She told me I needed to chill out and relax even though Im not stressed - or well I wasnt.

She said most likely I was in the early stages of pregnancy - and if i didnt have a period within the next 4 wks then I was most prob pregnant - i take so much medication I just wanna know now, I dont mind either way but just want to know. I feel that 11 weeks late is long enough to have waited.

Any advice?? Please?

Hi hun :wave:

Welcome to the forum!

Personally I think the Doctor you saw sounds like she just couldn't be bothered......I would make another appointment make sure you see a different Doctor and ask for a blood test to find out for sure if you are or aren't PG! And obviously raise any concerns you have as all of the medication you are on!

You have the right to leave the Doctor's feeling you have had some sort of explanation or told that they will do tests to get to the bottom of it. It is not acceptable to come away non the wiser!

I hope you get to the bottom of this soon hun! xx

I have ME too. What medication are you on? Nothing should effect the test result unless you take any drugs which contain HCG - the recongnised hormone that is detected in pregnancy tests. What tests did you use? they might not have worked hun. Id try another brand of test of you don't want to wait 4 weeks.

Give me a shout if you want a chat x

Hi

Thanks for your replies -I have tried different types of pregnacy test kits and yes I also got the impression that the doctor couldnt be bothered as well, I think may give it another 2 weeks then test again and if still negative ask for a blood test.

Had considered paying privately for an early pregnancy scan but not sure whether to just wait a while first. Guess if I am pregnant I'll find out for sure one way or another in a few months time anyway !!

I dont take medication for my ME - I take thyroxine for an underactive thyroid, prescription hayfever tablets, antibiotics for a skin complaint which is hormone related - I have a lot of other small hormone related problems which arent being treated hence me wondering whether the HCG hormone would ever be present! lol

That is astounding! Wait 4 weeks indeed? What if you are pg then surely some of that medication could be dangerous so the earlier you find out the better. They should have at least done another test and arranged a blood test. Is there another GP at that practice you can see? I'd book another appointment hun

That type of medication should be okie to take when you are pregnant as I am sure you will have to take it when you're pregnant anyway. None of them as far as I can guess should contain hcg. (Just had a look on the net and no they don't). Is your ME not because of your thyroid issues?

This site might be able to tell you more about hypothyroidism (underactive) and pregnancy if you are pregnant hun xxxx

Thank you all again for your replies - thought I was being a bit OT yesterday after seeing the doctor but you made me realise that she should of least have offered some sort of further test.

Will contact the doctors again I think

Jxx

I do know the ONLY medicine you can take when PG for hay fever is Piriton.....so if you are on anything else, you would have to change that at the very least!

Good Luck babe and don't take no crap! xx

I agree! Dont take crap babe! U need to ditch that doctor and get someone who will give you a blood test!! Demand it!!
Let us know how u get on!!
Do you want to be or not? ( curious )

Hiya

Spoke to a doctor on the phone {my surgery do this new telephone consultation process first}, he agreed with previous doctor - I asked about paying privately for a blood test but he dismissed the idea.

I ve found a clinic nearby who have agreed that I can pay for a private early pregnancy scan so am booked in for Sat afternoon at least this way I will know - hopefully knowing my luck if I am the baby will decide to hide somewhere lol!!

Will let you all know the outcome

If its positive then I will be pleased however havent been trying so its negative then thats ok too - only concern then will be why im not having periods

Thats great honey good luck, i hope u get the result your looking for!! Let us know!!
Jacey is a lovely name.. we were going to spell our daughters name like that but the day before registering her we spelt it jaycee.
Do u like your name? i know it sounds weird but most ppl hate their name and i wondered if u liked it, coz then maybee jaycee will like it too. When i tell people her name i have to repeat it as if it is a strange name, they just dont get it!! lol

Cheers - yes I like my name, it is unusual and like you i often have to repeat it - my parents wanted to name me after both of my nans but didnt think that there names flowed together. So they decided to take the letters from each name and make up a name but they couldnt create anything they liked so in the end the decided to name me after both of my nans' initials J & C - hence Jacey... parents hey who'd have em!!

hey! same here!! i wanted my name and OH in her name but they didnt fit so we took initials!! Joanne and Chris, J+C! cool!!

I think it is terrible you have to pay for a scan when a little blood test would give you the same answer!!!! :x :x :x

But anyway babe, at least you will have your mind put at rest about whether you are PG or not, first things first, need to rule this in or out............let us know how it goes xx

Hiya

The clinic had to cancel my appointment now booked in Fr 14th in the afternoon, will let u all know how i get on

Jx

Tam said:
I do know the ONLY medicine you can take when PG for hay fever is Piriton.....so if you are on anything else, you would have to change that at the very least!

Good Luck babe and don't take no crap! xx

Nope i have hayfever and i went for my 25 week check and at the same time my doc prescribed me some more hayfever tablets and they are not piriton and he told me they are fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back