Really confused about dates

Kimbo

Reaction score
i went for an early scan on wednesday and she said i was 6 weeks 5 days, which means today i am 7 weeks pregnant.
i counted back 7 weeks and its impossible for me to be that far because 7 weeks ago was 27th april.... but i didnt have sex before that, and the first time i had sex was 4th may cos id only just got back with my ex.
so im confused because i should only be 6 weeks but the doctor measured the baby?? :wall:

maybe the baby is just a week bigger hun dont worry about is a week is nothing

the measureing isnt that accurate on a very small fetus.. it doesnt really mater a week or whatever.. coz the baby is full term anything from 37-42 weeks so it could come any time in that slit.. not many babies come on their due date./. so try not to freat! i know i concieved aroudn the 5th of may too.. and coz of my lmp.. my due date is the 23rd of jan.. where from conception its more likly to be the 25-27th.. however my last baby came at 37 weeks. so its just all a guessign game.. lol..

all that matters is that your pregnant.. and you know when you concieved.. perhaps at your 12 weeks scan the sonographer will say.. oh its a week later.. and if they dont.. dont freat :)

You are actually "pregnant" for 2 weeks before you conceive when they do the dating. My parents were convined we had conceived in their house when we told them as we had been there two weeks before I conceived, but although the pregnancy ran from that date, I didn't conceive until 2 weeks later. Thus if they are saying 27 April, you most likely conceived around 11 May.
Hope that makes sense!

I agree with Andreag. The first 2 weeks are actually pre-conception.

xx

thanks for all ur replies....
so even if the doc measured my baby as 6w5d, could that mean my baby is actually 4w5d? :?

andreag said:
Thats right! Mad isn't it!

even though its been measured at 6 weeks 5 days with a heartbeat? its still only 4 weeks 5 days???
lol jeeeez im glad when their born that they dont carry on adding 2 weeks! haha! :lol:

it's still classed as a 6 week 5 day fetus, but that actually means you concieved 4 weeks and 5 days ago.

K.xx

i know im bein really dumb :oops:
but if the fetus was measured as 6weeks 5 days old... is it right that i should have concieved on the 11th may? if 6 weeks and 5 days was right, then ill be 7 weeks today. so really my baby is 5 weeks old, EVEN though it was measured as 6w5d?
god im so sorry for bein really questionny! (if thats a word!!) im just really confused!! :?

Go for your dates hun, you know when you did the deed, youre baby bean is prob just bigger then normal - mine was smaller so they put me back, but i know my dates!

wait for the dating scan would be easiest and they can tell u whats what and if u are confused with what the mw or doc said or whoever measured u tell the sono see if they can shed some light :)

u have bout 5 weeks to go for dating scan :)

When they give you your dates they go from your LMP not from OV, so in theory you are already 2wks PG when you conceive.

but they didnt go from my lmp, they went from size on screen!!

dont worry aobut it kim.. your pregnant.. what does it matter what the size says you are.. you due date is anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks.. due dates are just estimates.. so dont stress over it.. at least you have ahealthy baby right now..give yourself a pat on the back.. there are loads of women trying for a baby probably looking at this thinking jez i wish all i had to stress about was what ur stressing over..so try not to worry x

I think that the scan takes the 2 week rule into consideration two. Most people would generally be two weeks pregnanyt when they find out they are, but it is classed as 4.

I think the scans work on the same basis, which makes your baby two weeks older than your conception date (which is never clear, because of sperm living for a few days, ovulation occuring at differing dates some months) So, LMP is a good basis to go from xxx

Kimbo said:
but they didnt go from my lmp, they went from size on screen!!

That's because they'll know from average statistics how far along babies are with what size they are on screen, and bear in mind it's probably a lot easier to make an error with the odd milimetre when it's still early days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back