Reaction to jabs

maybebaby

Reaction score
DS had his MMR and PCV booster yesterday and has developed a red swollen patch where the needle went in for the PCV one. I had a look on the nhs site & it says 1 in 7 children can get this reaction but it doesn't say whether I should be concerned or if I need to tell anyone. Has anyone else's baby experienced this and do I need to do anything?!?

Last edited:
best people to ask are NHS Direct 0845 46 47

hope he's ok

I called them earlier and they were really reassuring. They've said as long as he's all right in himself and it doesn't stay more than 48 hours don't worry about it. But if he gets a fever or it stays more than 2 days go to see a doctor.

Thanks Beanie it hadn't even crossed my mind to call them! :doh:

hehe I have phoned them loads with Seren, I must have my own line now (sounds good doesn't it).

How is he?

He's absolutely fine in himself, it's just this mark on his leg so I don't think there's anything to worry about. It's just nice to get that reassurance.

I've called them a few times too but I always forget about them until someone else reminds me...

Hi :wave:

My little one hasn't had his MMR yet but on all the ones he has had before he has got a swollen patch where the needle went in (thighs tho) and I always get a swollen arm when I have the flu jab. I think it;'s a natural reaction to being injected with something.

I wouldn't worry about it, give him some medicine and give the docs a call if it gets worse or starts to cause him pain.

xx

alice had hers on wed (a few months late :oops: ), and she still has a red swollen patch. She went really grumpy and hot (not 'too' hot though), but now seems to be ok.

You could try popping something cold on it :think: thats what the nurse told us to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back