RE: clingy baby..need advice please

Morganuk

Reaction score
Jaeda is very clingy and I can not put her down for more then 5 min without her screaming to be picked up.
She is not greatly interested in playing with anything unless she is sitting on my knee.
Also I can not leave her with anyone as she get hysterical and practially hyperventilates.
I think its stemmed from me picking her up all he time when she first came out of hospital as I as worried all the time whether she was ok.
How do I tackle this issue? .
I have tried leaving her but as I have said she gets hysterical unless I have her on my knee.

It's a normalphase, you cannot make a baby clingy by picking them up when teeny. Me personally, I'd get a sling so she could have the reassurance of being near you and you have your hands free. It will soon pass.

Babies to tend to go through a clingy stage at 4 months... I think it's separation anxiety.

I remember Evie being terrible at that age. I use to carry her everywhere... still do now...although thats mostly because I like her close...she'd rather be on the floor playing! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back