rash :S

hayley_17

Reaction score
hiya... this isnt really a question about being a mummy... i just wasnt sure where else to post it because i wanted 2 ask everyone!!

ive got a rash on my belly... & a bit on my chest. it reminds me a bit of the rash dionnes little boy harley had... only its not as red. it has been there 4 a few days now and is really itchy. i was going to ring the midwife about it but dont want to if its nothing!! my mum is away and the only way i could get to see the midwife is if she came to my house & i dont want to make someone come for it to be nothing.

i thought it could be a heat rash but its not been warm here... rained for days and is so cold, feels like winter!! i havent changed creams or washing powder... its just come from nowhere.

just wondered if anyone knew what it could be?? thanks in advance!

hayley xx

without wanting to cause you alarm, please call your midwife asap. It could be nothing and as you say its warm but itchy rashes should be investigated.
Go give her a call just now!

Hiya
I would definitley ring your MW about it today, don't worry about wasting her time, it's probably nothing but I'd get it checked out anyway to be sure.

Hiya Hayley

Itching like this in late pregnancy should really be investigated! - Skin changes are fairly common during pregnancy, many of which may be successfully treated with a 1/2% hydrocortisone cream. However, because the itching began in the 3rd trimester, I would ask your doctor to carry out some liver function tests and a bile salt level to rule out Cholestasis. Once your doctor has ruled this out, then view it as a dermatological problem that may be treated locally.

Cholestasis is characterised by itching and/or jaundice. This can be inherited or sometimes is the body's reaction to oestrogen levels. It is a build up of bile salts, which are incompletely cleared by the liver and accumulate in the serum of the blood. There are usually no accompanying skin changes with this condition however unless it is with scratching.

There are some drugs that help this condition and there is some evidence that there is a slightly increased risk of premature labour and stillbirth in some women with cholestasis in pregnancy.

Hayley, I don't mean to worry you in any way, but I think you should ring your Midwife for advice.

Whilst your on the topic of rashes etc (sorry for crashing your thread Hayley!) I wiondered if anyone else got this during their pregnancy:

I got a couple of patches that are red/pale brownish colour come up when I was in the 2nd trimester I think. They were only about the size of a penny and I had one on my hip and one on my bum cheek :D . Well the one on my hip hasn't changed bu the one on my bum has faded a bit but grown to about 3 times the size. I've also got about another 4 or 5 on my thighs, hips and arms. They are flat, aren't dry and don't itch but sort of look like birth marks???

I wasn't worried about them and just put it down to pregnancy and hormones etc but I showed my Mum and being as calm and supportive as she is (NOT!!!) she started spouting off saying I should have them looked at cause a friend of hers had skin cancer that started like that etc etc.

Not sure whether to bother doc or MW though and wondered of anyone had had anything similar?

Tan x

i have had a rash throughout the majority of my pregnancy i made a post about it here: http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... php?t=8819

10000622lb.jpg
10000635vn.jpg

i took those pictures this morning thats from my arm n my belly my legs are 100 times worse :shock: and it has got a lot better since it first came up :shock:

Thanks everyone... i rang the midwife. its got better since yesterday and because of this she said to watch it and if its no better tomorrow then ring back and someone will come out & check on it. my mum & dad get back on friday so she said if its still the same by then, ring and get my mum 2 take me up there.

Rachael, you didn't worry me... i read about that, thats why i put a post on here about it! I also have a rash on my hands but ive shown the midwife this before, she said it looked like an allergic reaction and when i told the midwife this on the phone she said they are probs not related. My normal midwife wasnt there, shes on hol for a couple of weeks so i had to speak to this stupid woman who made me feel like i was wasting her time :( im defo going to ring tomorrow and hopefully i will be able to speak to someone who is nicer.

its ok Tan! you havent crashed my thread!! lol bubble my rash isnt like that... the red spots are smaller & closer together. its weird... :?

thanks for all your help :D will defo ring the midwife back tomorrow!

xx

ok so this is a piccie of my rash... soz its not very clear lol i had to try and take them with my phone on my own lol

hayley xx

Yeh thanks urchin... it slowly faded and now it has gone. i changed my cream in the end and it seemed to work! i mentioned it when i saw the midwife on friday but she didnt seem worried as it had gone!
soz 4 not writing before, i completley forgot to write and tell you!!
hayley xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back