RANT!!!!!!

ninjawomble

Reaction score
Ok so Ive told everyone at work this week about being pg..I'd already told the boss when I was 8 weeks.....

Im on night shifts...almost passed out last night I felt so ill. THEN I find out that my colleague who is 7 weeks pg, has been taken off nights because SHE IS PREGNANT!! :wall:

Ermm...

So I ask why I havent, and Im told its coz she concieved through IVF. I know the girls been through a lot to get pg, but does her being PG with IVF make her baby more special then mine? Her health more important than mine?

Am I sounding unreasonable? These nights are killing me, I feel so rough, but I have to do them, Ive been on them for two weeks now, and back on nights week after next. :x

i think you will find that comes under disrimination and i would look into it if i were you.

That seems ridiculous! I'm demand to be taken off nights too. :hug:

You are not being unreasonable....they just cant do that! I hope you get it sorted out x

you are definitely not being unreasonable.. that is ridiculous.. a pregnancy is a pregnancy, regardless of how it started.. You should demand to be taken of nights hun!

In May's Prima Baby & Pregnancy there was a letter from a reader saying she was a nurse doing a lt of night shifts and her friends in Germany had told her it was bad for the pregnancy. Prima mentioned a survey in 2004 in Denmark showed women who regularly worked nights have increased risk of late miscarriage, stillbirth or a low birthweight baby. Something to do with oestrogen in increased levels because nightshifts stop the night-time hormones from being released. Prima says workplace should should do a risk assessment as soon as they know you are pregnant and employer must do whatever is reasonable to prevent such a risk and should offer you suitable alternative work.

Ask your boss if your risk assessment has been done and if not can they do one asap and put your concerns in writing if need be. You're NOT being unreasonable by putting your health and your babys health first. They must have health and safety regulations to legally abide by i should think. A letter from your doctor or midwife supporting you may help!

Also your pregnancy is no different to your colleagues so I would also view it as discrimination if a shift change is refused.

Stand your ground Honey, you are deffo in the right here. (Soz for long post)

Sarah xxx

Thats incredible advice Sarah, some really useful information there.

Your work is being extremely unreasonable and it damn right not fair. I would write a letter. This does seem like discrimination. As you said, your baby is not any less important than the other woman's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back