Race for Life. Please help.

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls,

This post is approved by LauraB. (Many thanks Laura :hug: )

I decided to participate in the Race for Life event in Stamford, on May 18.

For those who don' t know, it is 5 kms charity race (well, you can walk, jog, run or crawl :D ) for Cancer Research UK. All donations will go to that organisation.

I set up my page (just yesterday). Just saw an advert in Marie Claire and got registred. I wanted to do something like that for quite a long time. Sorry, it is just so akward for me to write about it, bacause I have never done anything like that before and it is a bit personal. My father died when I was 9 from stomach cancer. And this is the ilness which affects so many people. But there is something we all can do, and it is to support researches in this field, and hopefully more and more people will beat it.

So, please, if you can, donate as much or as little as you can.
After the race I promise to post pictures of me, hopefully finishing the race :) Probably on all fours :rotfl:

This is the homepage

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/karinalynch

Thank you very much :hug:

Ive sponsored you hun

i did the Race for life last year at Mote park Maidstone :D
about 2.500 girls where there too
it was a lovely sunny day and the atmosphere was electric i really 8) enjoyed it and raised a good amount of money :dance:

i lost my Grandad Phillips to Lung cancer so ran for him :(

sorry to hear about you loss its al lovely thing to do in honour of your Dad
:hug: :hug:
have fun and enjoy the day :D :cheer:
you get a lovely goodie bag and medal at the end too
bonus :cheer:

sarah :wave: :wave:

Thanks hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am really looking forward the race. Will have to start training more intensly now :roll:

I cant really say that I am doing this just for my father, as it was so long time ago I dont really remember him.

It is more for all the other people. The one who suffer...Just wanted to do something what will help, even if its just a little bit.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxxCarina

Me & my pals did race for life a few years ago as 'The Pink Ladies' it was great we had a right laugh and raised over £1,000 :D

raceforlife_small.jpg

I've already sponsored my Aunt loads, sorry, but I thought I would help by making this a sticky for a while instead :lol:

happy_chick said:
Me & my pals did race for life a few years ago as 'The Pink Ladies' it was great we had a right laugh and raised over £1,000 :D

raceforlife_small.jpg

You all look really cute :hug: :D I love pink :dance:

Urchin said:
I've already sponsored my Aunt loads, sorry, but I thought I would help by making this a sticky for a while instead :lol:

Thanks a lot Urchin :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back