Quick question about MW appointments

Redshoes

Reaction score
This is my second pregnancy so I didn't expect as many MW appointments, but I've not seen my MW since I was 28wks, and time's flown and I've just realised I didn't have any more appointments :lol: I do have to arrange a homebirth visit for next week too (as I'm 36wks), but with Isaac we arranged that visit whilst at an appointment but its next week.. so anyway I rang the GP surgery where I receive my MW care, and they booked me in for 27th August, maybe a bit too far away though that date really :lol: So I'm going to try and speak to the MW Wednesday by ringing the surgery then as that's what day the MW's are in. I've wittered a bit there, sorry, have I missed a MW appointment? Allbeit not my fault, my MW didn't make any appointments with me at my last visit and I have pregnant head hehe, I'm not overly keen on her anyway but would like to see her sometime soon LOL I mainly want to know how LO is laid as I can't figure it out, any tips? :D

I last saw my M/W at 30 weeks and am seeing her next week at 33+5. I think it depends on where you live as a lot of girls on here don't seem to see their M/W's that much, I'm not really sure though hun :hug:
Sorry thats probably been no help whatsoever! lol :hug:

You should still have the same amount of checks even though it's your second.

Sounds like it's your midwife's fault for not booking you in again last time she saw you. I'd give her a ring, surely she could squeeze you in for a quick BP , urine and baby check.

I havent seen my midwife half a s much with this one as I did with my first baby. The guidelines for appointments in our area for a second pregnancy are -
8-10 weeks for booking
16 weeks
28 weeks
34 weeks
36 weeks
38 weeks
40 weeks

Obviously this is wildly different to a first pregnancy when I saw her once every 4 weeks until 30 weeks then every 2 weeks. They just presume you know what youre doing with your second, as long as you are low-risk and happy with everything. I was shocked at the length of time between 16 and 28 weeks checks!! But then I did have a scan in between so I guess this counts as a check on baby. Your care sounds very similar to mine and they have kinda left me to get on with it, but you should have a check around now hun to do your final bloods before the birth. I had my last blood test for iron count at 34 weeks, think they like to do it around then in case you pop at 37 weeks or so. FWIW I cant get in to see my mw at 40 weeks as I should beause its a bank holiday, so have to wait till 41 weeks! Hoping Im not still pregnant by then..... :pray: :lol:

lisa282 said:
8-10 weeks for booking
16 weeks
28 weeks
34 weeks
36 weeks
38 weeks
40 weeks
Same with me!

I'd definitely try and get an appointment, for all you know, you could have a serious bladder infection or something. It's not your fault though, your MW should have told you to book an appointment for X amount of weeks time etc.

:hug: xx

my midwife writes on my notes how many weeks time she wants to see me next and tells me when she wants to see me again but I have to make the appointment, might be worth checking what was writen on your notes at last visit mine says 4/wks or 2/wks etc on the end of the note each time which is the number of weeks before she wants to see me next (the wks looks nothing like a wks so took me a little while to figure out what it was :lol: ) My midwife has booked in to come and see me on the 28th August to do my birth plan I'll be 38 weeks then at antenatal yesterday they said you should have seen midwife about 34 weeks to do your birth plans has everyone done theirs?! :roll:

i only saw mine at booking in which was 10 weeks blood tests at 15 weeks and then didnt see her until 26 weeks then again at 34 weeks

Thanks ladies, I'm hoping to get in to see her tomz, like you say Dannii, I'm just wanting the basics checked and really wishing to know LO's position :) Hope your LO has arrived before you're 41wks too lisa282 :pray: :hug: My MW was never interested in my birth plan Penstraze, but she wasn't interested in me wanting a homebirth either so it figured :lol: As long as you and your birth partner know your wishes it doesn't matter who else sees it now as the MW you have in labour will probably be different from the one you see at your appointments :hug: I'm using the same as I had for Isaac, second time lucky :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back