Quick Q about my anti D

laurenhayward

Reaction score
I've got my anti-D appointment on friday but have realised that I don't have a 28wk midwife appointment, I was wondering if they are lumping them into one? I've got to go to a different place to normal but the letter says to take a wee sample, but I had just assumed I'd get my injection and that would be it on friday. I don't want to turn up and be unprepared!

On another note: I got a letter today to confirm I'm entitled to maternity allowance :)

I thought I would be but until it was confirmed I couldn't rest, so now I know that I can claim that until the end of October if I need to (although hoping to find work in September)

As far as I know its two seperate appointments as my anti d is around my 27 week mark and its at a different place from where I see the midwife xx

hmmm do you think I should try and make a 28wk appointment then? I'm not seeing midwife until 16 Feb now, I last saw her on 10th Jan

My anti-D was separate and at the hospital. I had to have a midwife check a week or so before to have bloods taken so they knew how much anti-D to give me. Hope that helps.

My midwife has told me to have bloods done tomorrow at one place, then go friday to another place for anti-D. (Neither place is where I usually have my appointments!) Haven't had bloods done since I was about 7 weeks so how would they know how much I need? This is confusing me :( I think I'll have to give them a ring first thing

My anti-D was separate and at the hospital. I had to have a midwife check a week or so before to have bloods taken so they knew how much anti-D to give me. Hope that helps.

What do you mean "so they knew how much to give me" ? I thought it was a standard dose for everyone?

Oh I don't know. All I got was a letter to attend on 7th march but didn't say about having blood taken before it. I have a midwife appointment on monday, will need to ask then. They hate taking blood out me cos it never works and doctor has to get the blood out from my hand. X

Oh I don't know. All I got was a letter to attend on 7th march but didn't say about having blood taken before it. I have a midwife appointment on monday, will need to ask then. They hate taking blood out me cos it never works and doctor has to get the blood out from my hand. X

I think they usually do take blood before they give it but they don't test it or anything before giving you the anti-d, at least that's how my hospital works.

ok I won't worry about that then. I suppose I'll just ask when I get there, at least I'll get a 1st look at one of the 2 hospitals I can choose from.

Panic over! Despite running over 45 mins late due to some people who hadn't been and had their bloods done before the anti-D I had a midwife appointment and injection in one.

Apparently I'm all baby - whatever that means lol! I'm hoping it means I won't have too much weight to lose afterwards haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back