questions about cycle, OV'ing etc

Tinkerbell3

Reaction score
Hope i'm posting this is the right place,

I'm just trying to learn everything at the moment, understand how the cycle works, when most fertile etc - obviously I didn't take much notice at school :whistle:

So from what I can gather, a new cycle starts on the 1st day of your period? you then become fertile about 10 days from that date? and ovulate about 2 weeks from the date of your first period? then once you have ovulated it's 2 weeks roughly until your next period/cycle starts and in those 2 weeks your chances of conceiving are pretty low?

So do I have it all right? or what have I got wrong?
I ordered some OV sticks from Ebay ready for when I start TTC though no clear when to use them or how they work.

Hi hun,

You've just about got it sussed.:dance: Just worth saying that everybody has slightly different cycles. What you've described would be right for somebody with a 28 day cycle but cycles can vary hugely.

The OPK's are definately worth using. I found that some months I was ovulating on day 12 and then the next month I'd ovulate on day 15. I have a 27 day cycle.

Best of luck with TTC and hopefully it won't take long xxxx

Thank you.

I took my last pill on sunday or possibly saturdat can't quite remember, I thought my period had arrived thursday but it was really light bleeding (mainly just when I went to the toilet & wiped sorry a bit TMI) and only lasted about 8-10 hours and same yesterday and now today seems to have gone completely so not to sure what's going on maybe just really light bleed after stopping the pill. But am I right in thinking I can now OV at anytime?

Last edited:
Thank you.

I took my last pill on sunday or possibly saturdat can't quite remember, I thought my period had arrived thursday but it was really light bleeding (mainly just when I went to the toilet & wiped sorry a bit TMI) and only lasted about 8-10 hours and same yesterday and now today seems to have gone completely so not to sure what's going on maybe just really light bleed after stopping the pill. But am I right in thinking I can now OV at anytime?

You probably didnt have a true period because its so close to coming off the pill. I stopped mine 6th November and had a period on the 9th so I possible OVd 25th November and should have started a period 9th-11th December but havent yet so its hard to tell when youre OVing and to work out a true cycle. It might be best to wait till you have a true period off the pill before starting to work out when you OV etc. X

Good luck tinkerbell x

Thank you

You probably didnt have a true period because its so close to coming off the pill. I stopped mine 6th November and had a period on the 9th so I possible OVd 25th November and should have started a period 9th-11th December but havent yet so its hard to tell when youre OVing and to work out a true cycle. It might be best to wait till you have a true period off the pill before starting to work out when you OV etc. X

Thank you for advice, really hope it doesn't take long for my body to get back to normal and have regular cycles.

welcome to the forum xx

Thanks

I agree with Cherrybinky! My doctor told me to wait a month after gettig coil removed as I would have no clue where my cycles were. I ignored doctor's advice and started TTC immediately.... Well, now I wish I took doctors advice cos I had bleeding which I thought was AF (wrong) then I guessed when I OVd (wrong) and guessed when AF was due (and wrong again). I was out by about a week on all counts and then finally got a proper period so I knew I could ,start this cycle I'm on now properly.
On saying that, everyone is different and 5 years ago I came off the pill and 2 weeks later I conceived!! Good luck and welcome to forum!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back