Baths??

Blessing

Reaction score
Daft question alert!

I refrained from having baths (which I love) during my fertile period (cycle 1 and 2) and for the 2WW wait, I'm now 2DPO on my second cycle.

The question is, do you think this will make any difference? I was a bit worried about things getting washed away but I don't know whether I'm being utterly daft :???:

What do you think?

Why are you not having a bath hun? I can understand just after bd but I think you're fairly safe now, certainly before ov and 2dpo x

I do have baths in the early cycle days leading up to ovulation.

Then once we start going for the fertile period I tend to lay off baths and just shower until about 10DPO, I'm not sure whether I'm being ridiculous but I can't help but think that before implantation that things could get washed away :dohh:

I'm being irrational aren't I?

A little, yeah. I wouldn't bath straight after bd but the next day I think would be fine. I don't think a lot (if any) bath water goes past the cervix (people would have loads of infections if that happens) and the sperm has (hopefully) swam through the cervix by then xx

I really don't know about this one.

If you normally feel water entering your vagina, then i definately wouldn't have baths during my fertile phase.

Any soap will mess up your vagina pH and ewcm and even water will probably have a negative impact.

It's not hard to keep water out of your vagina though, if you are concious about it - not for me anyway :)

I know it's advised to have hot baths...

Last edited:
I'm one of those people who can't get dressed for about an hour after bathing because of the amount of water that leaks out of me :oops:

I've also has laser treatment on my cervix and I have noticed it worse since then. I know water shouldn't penetrate the cervix and I hear what your saying about the fact we'd all have infections if it did.

I don't know whether to trust my instinct to not bath, or whether I'm being daft.

I think if you're worried hun, just do what you've been doing (especially if you tend to take in a lot of water). I love my baths, have one most nights and I don't think it's ever effected my fertility x

I agree with the obvious answers hun, clearly don't bath/shower just after :bd: but during the fertile peak and TWW it's fine to bath and shower xx

I hope its ok to bath as we only have a bath not a shower and I would be one stinky mumma if I didnt have a bath for a few days!! Lol!!!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back