Question...

dannii87

Reaction score
Well, a couple of questions tbh! LOL :lol:

1) I've never ever looked "down there" while I've been pregnant but last night I went to the loo and wiped as usual but felt as though something was hanging down and when I wiped it was like I was pushing it back up iykwim?? :think: So I had a look and it looks all swollen inside and like something with a hole in is hanging down? I don't know, but mentioned it to my Mum and she said to check on Thurs with my MW as my Mum had a prolapse(sp?) with my little brother... Is it normal? :think: Also, just to add (this goes for Q1 & Q2), whenever I get BH (and I get a lot of them!) I feel lots of pressure in my pelvis... I'm pretty sure that's normal but thought I'd add it!

2) I feel a lot of pressure in my pelvis and when I stand up it's a really heavy feeling but although I'm praying she's engaged (will find out Thurs) I've got an achey feeling constantly on my right lung and it's really p*ssing me off. There is nothing I can do to relieve it (tried everything!!) I am kind of answering my own question, but it doesn't sound as though she's engaged does it? :think:

3) If my MW tells me she is/isn't engaged, I don't know whether to believe her because she told my neighbour that she was engaged, she went for a sweep and they said they couldn't do it because baby was NOT engaged!! My MW is dappy at the best of times, and I really don't have much faith in her :( Would I be REALLY rude to mention that she told my neighbour she was engaged and it turned out she wasn't and therefore, could she possibly check again? :think:

Sorry girls! Bombard of questions! x :oops: :hug: x

1. Not sure on that one at all I’m afraid. I think my bits are bit more swollen than usual and have been for a good while, but think that’s normal.
2. Yes I get this all the time. Takes me a moment when I get up before walking
3. If you feel uncomfortable saying it was her who told your neighbour, just say that your neighbour had been told that by her MW, doesn’t sound like you’re pointing blame or doubt at her then, and just ask her who certain she is on that and ask her to explain how she can tell, which will show her your serious in finding out for sure.

Not meaning to be worry wort or anything but I just read last night about cord prolapse and I doubt it is this but it can be serious.... The book said this: call your hospital immediately if you feel or see the umbilical cord in your vagina. This is called cord prolapse and is very rare (especially in a first birth). But it is an emergency.

I really didn't want to write this as I doubt it is as serious as this but as everyone always says- Just in case, its better to get things checked out.

handbagqueen said:
Not meaning to be worry wort or anything but I just read last night about cord prolapse and I doubt it is this but it can be serious.... The book said this: call your hospital immediately if you feel or see the umbilical cord in your vagina. This is called cord prolapse and is very rare (especially in a first birth). But it is an emergency.

I really didn't want to write this as I doubt it is as serious as this but as everyone always says- Just in case, its better to get things checked out.

Dannii, defo make that call now!!

Thank you girls!

Isia, thank you for posting that! I don't think it is because it looked more like a mini vagina in my vagina if that makes sense?! I'll look it up now & will definitely get it checked with my MW on Thurs! :hug: Thank you! xx

It all sounds pretty normal to me hun, but if you are worried about the internal stuff, then obviously check with your mw or doc to have a look and put your mind to rest. :hug: Im having similar sensations to you in my pelvis and I know baby is heading south as she was 2/5 engaged a week ago. Ive got constant pressure down there and it makes walking really uncomfortable now, have got a definite waddle!! :oops: Im also going to the loo like every 20 minutes, its VERY annoying :evil: But at the same time, Im still getting rib pain and have trouble breathing sometimes, but I think really its just because baby is pretty big so even though she has dropped down a bit, she is still squished up inside :roll: so its bound to be tender at both ends.

Ooh just to add, even if baby is engaged, its not unusual for them to pop back out sometimes when they have a wriggle. Its unlikely they will turn right round now, but the head can slip in and out of the pelvis for a few weeks before it settles right down so dont be too disheartened if one week she is 3/5 engaged and the next is only 2/5. As long as the head is down its all good, and they wont usually fully engage until just before labour begins. My son was always 'free' but sitting on the brim of my pelvis right up until I went into labour, so never had the feeling or excitment of being engaged at mw appointments, but this lil lady has certainly found the exit so its all a new sensation for me too! :D Try not to worry too much hun x :hug: :hug:

dannii87 said:
like something with a hole in is hanging down?

this couldnt be your cervix could it???? have you ever felt your cervix before... sounds odd for it to be hanging down that far that you could feel it, but it i have an "inspection" i can easily feel mine... this is a total stab in the dark to be honest... i honestly done have a clue, but maybe you BH have cuased your cervix to start to dilate. and where you are swollen... its pushing your cervix down???? i dont know!!!! :?

as far as being engaged, aparently my LO was at 36weeks, but i stilll have loads of pressure on my ribs and when i sit down i can extreamly bunched up! i think i have a tall baby! hehe

if your worried, defo contact your M/w! :hug:

In random order...

Re baby engaging. They can engage and pop right back out again and do this over and over. My LO was engaged, then wasn't and when MW came out to see me in latent labour he wasn't engaed but 6 hours later well and truly was and labour proper had started.

If Evie has been head down chances are she will stay that way. It may well be a leg or something squishing your lung. If you are having breathing problems/pain when breathing it may be worth mentioning to your MW about it.

Your cervix has a lot of pressure on it as birth nears and does tend to lower. I could not feel mine till a few hours before LO arrived and wow it moved down loads - or seemed to :lol: :shock: )

Doesn't sound like a cord prolapse tbh. It may be a prolapse of sorts but then could just be your cervix getting ready. GP can check you over also if you are worried. Might be worth getting it looked at.

I'm not sure but looking at it, it doesn't look possible for anything to be put up there (fingers/spectrum (or whatever it's called lol) because it's all down if that makes sense?!

There isn't any pain with it so I might just leave it til Thursday, I'm not overly worried by listening to some of your replies that it sounds normal :hug: xx

I dont have much to add but wanted to say I hope you get answers and everything is fine when you see the mw hun!
The horrid achy pains and lung pains I remember well from my other pregnancies! :( Im not looking forwards to them! I do have the achy pain in my groin now! :shock: Though Im sure that must be something to do with the SPD? I never had it this early before?!
My friend had a prolapse of the uterus but that was after she had her son!? :think:

If I were you, I would at least speak to a health professional today about the hanging down bit. It doesn't sound normal to me. Your cervix should be well and truly up out of the way at this point.

It may be nothing, but it doesn't hurt to get someone to look at it.

K.xx

I don't really have any advice but didn't like to read and run :hug: :hug: :hug:
I have no idea what it could be as I haven't experienced it myself but maybe phone your labour ward and get some advice to put your mind at rest? I wouldn't phone your M/W because she sounds useless! (sorry hun!) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back