Booked in for a Sweep!!

Dee83

Reaction score
Just back from my 36week consultant appt. We discussed the growth scan i had on Monday, all is fine with that. She asked me how i was feeling etc. Then booked me in for a sweep on Thurs 1st dec - 2 weeks today :dance:

I asked her to have a feel to see if baby was engaged as i've been feeling alot of pressure and bump is lower, she seemed very reluctant to feel as was in a rush (as usual) but she did it quickly for me as i insisted. She said baby's head is in the right position but isn't engaged yet :( I really thought it would be engaged but never mind.

I think i might go and see a mw next week and see if she can have a feel for me as i find they normally have more time for me than consultants.

Any advice on how to get baby's head engaged would be appreciated? Am i right in thinking that it needs to be engaged in order for the sweep to work?

Thanks girls xxx

OMGGGGGG! Perfect timing thats my last day at work! I'm so ready for your labour watch but also very jelous!!!

I planned it especially as i knew it was your last day! lol. Don't be jealous, you won't be far behind me chick!! Am looking forward to your labour watch too - it's all so exciting!!

I'm actually feeling really excited for you! I can't wait to see pics!! You could have your baby in a matter of weeks!!!!

I know!!!!!!! I am really excited too hun!!! EEEeeeeeekkk!! Starting to think i've got so much to get sorted tho now, i just can't find the energy to do stuff!!!

No way!! I am so pleased and massively jealous of you!!! Hope the sweep works for you. Get bouncing on the ball Hun, gravity and that movement will help it move south more! Wow 2 weeks to go?!!

go for a nice long walk x gravity and movement will get baby into position x x

Thanks girls, i'm currently bouncing on the ball :)

Exciting news :D
Grace isn't engaged yet but her head is tucking in nicely to get engaged.
I read online last night that going on your all four's and tilting your pelvis up and down helps, as well as rocking your hips in circles :D xxx

just keep bouncing and swivelling on your ball and walking around as much as you can.
There was no sign of engagement when I was 34 weeks but today baby was 2/5's engaged so it can happen quite quickly :)
At my ante natal we were told that some babies dont even engage until labour begins so dont worry too much about it hun.
For a sweep, I think your cervix has to be "favourable" which I think means open and low but not sure if thats connected to be engaged or not

That's good to know, thanks girls. Think i will google what "favourable" means then!! xxx

I wasn't engaged 2 days before I had Kynon (and he came at 36+0) so Im pretty sure you don't need to be engaged for labour to start!

im so jealous that you will have your LO before me, but so happy for you!

I have my fingers crossed that the sweep works for you

x

Apparantly the chances of it working first time are quite low so u still myt have your lo before me Lisa! :)

I was given an info sheet from the midwife and it's got all the suggestions that everyone else has said plus swimming (breaststroke) I think basically anything that makes room at the front of your belly to encourage baby to drop into it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back