Question

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello !!!

I have so many questions at the moment lol

I went to see the GP a few days ago and she told me baby was engaged at 2/5 max but I really have had a pain as if His head is between my legs and this has started a couple of weeks ago. It starts being so painful I can hardly walk sometimes and if I do a movement that is not slow I feel the pain a lot.

I know it is because he is pushing some nerves or muscles but anybody else like this? I am just wondering how much in pain I am going to be in labour if I find this painful :wink:

I felt like this on Saturday. I could barely walk and everytime I moved I felt like I was either going to wet myself or my insides were just going to fall out :shock:
It was more uncomfortable than painful but it seems to have gone now.
I also had pain down below a couple of weeks ago and midwife said it was because baby's head was moving into my pelvis. I went to see the midwife yesterday and she said that she could still feel 2/5ths of Bubble's head so I am 3/5ths engaged.
As for how painful labour is going to be. I have no idea :shock:
I'm expecting it to be VERY painful but I guess without any pain there would be no gain!! LOL.
Focus on meeting your little bundle and don't forget there are plenty of pain relief options available. xxx

I know what you mean about the type of pain. I'm 3/5s engaged too and some mornings in particular I have really bad pain like the spasmodic pain that you get when you're constipated even though I'm not at all constipated at the moment (sorry if TMI). The midwife said it was just the head pressing on the colon etc. One day last week this pain came in waves and I couldn't walk and didn't know what was going on. I lay down and it went away straight off and eventually the baby must have moved as it went totally.

I have to say I didn't cope well with the pain which makes me worry about actual labour! I guess there are different kinds of pain though and people find different kinds more difficult....

Not sure what this will mean when it comes to it but as you say BubbleOne at least there are painkilling options available. I've suffered very bad period pains for a couple of years now and the misery of taking painkillers and them not touching it is awful. At least we can ask for some decent painrelief in this instance!

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back