Question

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hi

My best friend suffered a miscarriage a week ago and am gonna tell you some of her history.
She has had two abortiosn when she was younger as didnt think she was ready to raise a baby , and just had her second miscarriage.
Now my question is do you think cuz of her past it is causing the miscarriages, i know people say if you do have abortions you can risk your chances of conceiving and keeping a baby, is this correct?
She is really devestaded and thinks she will never be able to now.

Thanks for all who reply.
Katrina

the poor love, she really shouldnt be blaming the abortions for her miscarriage, though I understand why she might be.

My sister has been through a simliar thing and she was convinced it was because she had an abortion a few years ago, either through medical problems or karma, but I really dont think thats the case.

Sometimes miscarriages just happen, theres no reason or rhyme to it, its just natures way. The worst thing anyone can do when they have lost a baby (I speak from experience here, we lost a baby at 7 weeks last month and before that at 9 weeks in Jan) is try to find a reason when there isnt an obvious one to be had. Its natural to want to know why, but we end up blaming ourselves for all kinds of things when the truth is there is no-one or nothing to blame.

I hope your friend can come through this, it seems to me like she has a very good friend in you and you care about her a great deal, with friends like you she'll be fine im sure of it.

xxxx

oh hun basically what jax said has sumed it up. It happens for no reason and just one of those things that we have no control over. I havent heard of any huge evidence that has ever linked these together ever.

Hope your friend is ok sending big hugs :hug: :hug:

:hug: I am sorry I don't know of any medical reason or any increased risked for a fact....BUT...... I think if this was the case then we as mothers who have Miscarried would have the same increased risk of losing again? ? ? Which is NOT the case.... After a MC we are MORE likely to go on to have a normal healthy PG...
The medical profession call our miscarriages 'Abortions' for the medical reasons and the way our bodies are affected.... This is a loss to us wheither it is through nature or choice it doesn't matter medically. The treatment is the same, the recovery is the same. The only way it could be different is if there was serious complications with the procedure, (back street - home abortions) Now there are so many guidelines you very very rearly hear of complications.....
I Know you are a good friend to her and you are non judgmental, I think Karma doesn't have a place in pregnancy like the girls above said. people have reasons for what they do and they have to live with that, but as far as this is concerned, No-one can punish themselves for what NATURE has done to them.... WE as mothers who have lost have to Learn that....

Good luck and huge hugs to your friend and you for standing by her and giving her the positive love understanding and support she needs...
:hug: :clap: :hug:

Lv Yvonne xx

Hi

Thanks alot girls :) :hug: .
I will tell her what you girls` have said, she feels really guilty but she was only 16 and 18 and had really unsupportive boyfriends and family so she did what she thought was right, and lately shes been saying she thinks it may be the reason why.
I did however tell her that many girls on the forum ( always refer to here) have had many miscarriages and have gone to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy babies so i think it made her feel a little relieved , they are trying again right away too so hope they get there litlle bean soon, i see her with Kiara and know she will be such a great mommy :)

Thanks again girls your the best :)

Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back