Question you might not be able to answer !

firstangel

Reaction score
Hey Guys

As part of my Job a use a forklift truck to move equipment about and have noticed the last week or so when climbing into it in a bit uncomfy and I usually pull my self up onto it, but worried about this a little? do you think I should stop driving it???

I have alot of other manual stuff in my job, but they stopped me doing most of that as soon as they found out I was expecting, and I am banned from climbing ladders at the mo too ! so it does leave me a bit restricted at work !

Thanx

i really not sure, however if you are worried its putting pressure on your stomach ect please talk to your boss

:hug:

Your workplace should carry out a risk assessment on your role - if they havent done so perhaps you could ask them to do it now.......... Sounds like they need to find you some alternative tasks just for the time being.

Keep safe

Jane

You should stop driving your forklift in my opinion.

I also have a manual job but after my employer did a risk assessment on me I was stopped from doing that kind of work, however I have plenty other work to get on with.

If they haven't already done so then your employer should do a risk assesment, if they have already done one then request to have it reviewed. They should be review the risk assessment as your pregnancy progresses.

Thanx Guys !

I had my risk assesment done at 4 weeks gone, but I think I will say on tuesday at work, as Im sure they will be fine with it !

xx

Please get your risk assessment reviewed and know your rights if they cannot find you any work to do that is not a risk for you and bubs then they HAVE to put you on maternity suspension on FULL pay until you go on maternity leave which you don't have to start until you are 36 weeks (cos you are off work due to health resons they can make you start your mat leave 4 weeks before EDD). If you have any worries about something which they have put as an ok on your risk assessment go see your doc your doc can write a note restricting you from doing certain activities.

Most of all put you and bubs first :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back