question (sorry if i'm being dumb!)

trixipaws

Reaction score
at what point does a m/c "begin" and "finish"? does it start from the moment u diagnosed with "threatened m/c" (which was wednesday), or once it is confirmed/completed (which it hasnt been yet) :think:

and when has it "ended", is it once all bleeding/spotting stops? and are u right back to normal then or can u not get pregnant for a few weeks (like after u give birth)? i want to try natural contraception i am fed up with the stupid pill. will i be safe this month?

Not sure really but I think that you are more fertile after a M/C :think: If I am wrong then someone will correct me :) :hug: :hug:

I classed the start of my M/C when I started bleeding and finished when I stopped bleeding.

I think you count from the first day of bleeding? Not sure though - sorry (puts dunce hat on and slinks off to corner)

Not sure on timings, I counted the start of my miscarriage as the first day I bled.
You are more susceptible to pregnancy until your first period after your miscarriage because your cervix is open. I'd use extra precautions until you get your period if you don't want to conceive again immediately, just to be sure.

im not too sure hun maybe the hospital can help you with this, but i would say from when you start bleeding but dont quote me on that :hug: :hug:

you are more likely to get pregnant after a m/c and until you have your next period, this happened to me and i didnt realise thats why the doctor said to leave it a month before i tried again but didnt really realise at the time :hug: :hug:

I have counted CD1 as the first day of substantial bleeding (I have had spotting before then but then the flood gates opened as it were). And I echo what others have said about conceiving. I caught the first month after my m/c and am trying again this month after my second. So I'd use condoms if you don't want to get pregnant again!

Big hugs
x

Not sure if there is a general 'rule' for this sort of thing, but I conceived again just 2 weeks after my m/c last year so I'd say you are not safe! Personally I think some women can be very fertile after m/c as your body is already geared up for pregnancy, whereas others might take months to conceive again. I think a lot of it depends on how long you were pregnant for and whether things happened naturally or had to be surgically removed. You were pretty early on, so I would say you could well be fertile pretty quickly. I certainly wouldnt rely on your m/c hormones to protect you from getting caught again :hug:

Hello Trixi

Just wanted to send my condolences to you. love & hugs. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back