Question for those people who have divorced...

Krystal

Reaction score
Hiya :wave:

Just a quick question really, when you divorce does your name automatically change bak to your maiden one? Cos I just assumed it did but I was talking to a girl today who said it didn't and if you want it changing you have to do it by deed poll.

Is this right?

It's ok.. have goggled and you do have to change by deed poll. gonna do it online I think

I didnt do it by deed poll. I just went back to my maiden name. and no one questioned it. I was born with that name and so i will go back to if i want.

you just go back to using your maiden name, every woman is entitled to use her maiden name, married, divorced or single.

You just need to inform the bank etc with copies of the decree nisi

i did it through the sollicitor and got a change of name deed as soon as we split. But you can be known as what you like.

My mam went back her maiden name, she just had to give copied of her divorce papers to the bank, passport office, DVLA etc and they just changed it.

Im not sure as I only used mt married name for a few weeks...we split about 5 weeks after getting married :lol:

I just changed everything back to my maiden name and its been that way for 9 years and no-one has ever questioned it :)

you dont need to do it via deedpole. I just went back to my maiden name and the banks etc just needed my marriage and divorce certificates to change it.

I changed my name by deedpole later on :rotfl:

I changed it back, my divorce still in process of going through but I have signed everything I need to sign in my married name. So now i'm officially my maiden name :cheer: I didn't want to wait for divorce cos I need new passport and get a driving licence

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back