• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question for bottle feeding mums

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
For anyone with quite a young baby, or anyone who has an older baby and a good memory :lol: how much formula did your baby drink at about a month old? And also how often?

Any help would be greatly appreciated cos Ryans feeding still isn't 100% and although he's gaining weight nicely (or at least he was last time he was weighed!) I always worry he's not getting enough.

He usually takes between 2-4oz every 3-4 hours.

Oh, and roughly how long did your baby take to finish a bottle? (So sorry for all the questions :oops: )

I think Jude was on 4 or 5 oz at that age. He'd feed 3-4 hourly. He's always been fairly quick getting the bottles down, but does fall asleep in the middle of a bottle sometimes. As long as Ryan is putting on weight he is fine I would have thought. :)

Maia will take about 3 oz, sometimes 4oz every 2-3 hrs. It takes her about half an hour to drink it, but usually has a winding break in the middle.

Hellokitty said:
Maia will take about 3 oz, sometimes 4oz every 2-3 hrs. It takes her about half an hour to drink it, but usually has a winding break in the middle.

thank god someone elses baby also feeds 2-3 hourly i have been getting worried as Tilly takes between 3-4oz roughly every 2 1/2 hours and i thought she should be going longer by now or at least 3 hourly. very occasionally she will go 4 hours after her early hours of morning feed. she takes upto 20-30 mins to finish.

Rhys was on 4oz at that age and he would go every three to four hours. If he is still gaining weight try not to worry too much.(even though you always will :) )It used to take Rhys about 10-15 minutes to finish a bottle. He has farleys.

xxx

I believe stephen was on 4-6 ounces every few hours, but he was a thriving baby who put on a good 1 1/2 pounds a week for the first 8 weesk then it settled down.
By 4 months he was on a 9oz bottle with being weaned as well.

Hope that helps kirsty x

Our bubs was on about 4oz at about 1 month. We have slowly increased this as we see he gets more hungry and spits up so much, he is now on 6-7oz at 2 months. I think it took about half an hour to drink that much with burping etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back