question about waters breaking and discharge (could be TMI!)

claireyfairey

Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

I woke up this morning feeling very damp down below, and by the time I got to the toilet my thighs were a bit wet. It looked to me to be just discharge as it was creamy in texture, and I also discovered I have begun to lose my plug. I've been losing bits of my plug all day now, but I keep getting 'floods' of wetness down below which I'm not sure is more discharge or whether I am leaking waters. I have since read on google that you can lose your plug in the form of increased discharge but I'm still a bit confused as to what this is.

There doesn't seem to be anything leaking out of me as such, but every now and then I'm aware that my underwear feels damp...which is why I say it seems to happen in floods. As far as other symptons go I don't think I'm having any....the odd braxton hicks here and there and I've had a bit of an upset tummy earlier...but apart from that, nothing!

So I was just wondering what you girls think this could be? How did it feel for you when your waters broke...?

Thanks!

Claire xxx

Well my waters broke with a gush, so there was no mistaking it to be honest it just poured out of me :lol:

If you think it may be your waters then pop a maternity towel on and lie down for a while, if its your waters it may well pool inside then when your stand up you will know.

Apparently amniotic fluid smells sweet, and is a straw like colour.

Fingers crossed for you hun, sounds like the end is near for you :)

I think you'd be able to tell if it was your waters. I remember someone saying if you were having a wee and held your pelvic floor to stop weeing, if water continued to leak then chances are that was your actual waters going/gone.

I remember having dampness in the run up to labour starting. My plug went and kind of went over the course of about 6 hours. But waters were a whole other thing. Defo could not mistake those. Had a sweet smell to them almost also. A bit damp feeling every now and then does not sound like your waters to me.

I'd not worry overly, if you are concerned your waters have gone give your MW a call in the morning and pop along and see her. Wear a pad and she can have a look see/feel and check for you.

Hey chick, I had a massive increase in discharge for a couple of days before going into labour with both my babies. I was getting really damp knickers every few hours and kept having to change them :oops: I think its just your body's way of lubricating the exit ready for action iykwim?! :wink: Not sure about leaking waters though, as both of mine popped out in big gushes :lol: Sounds to me like just increased discharge, or I would have thought it to be a constant trickle if it was waters? If you are unsure though, pop a pad on, and get mw to check for you. Good luck hun, dont think it will be too long for you now :pray: :hug:

I was lying down in bed when my waters went and it felt just a damp but when I stood up there was no mistaking it! It wasn't a gush but it didn't stop and soaked through pads. I agree with putting on a pad and give your MW a call if you're worried. :hug:

I was in bed when mine broke too, no mistaking it - tho I did check that I wasnt uncontrolably weeing before telling OH that my waters were soaking into the new 500pound mattress!! :lol:

I sat on towel all folded up, pads were useless, there was loads of the stuff. So I knew it was my waters... but I have hurd of hind waters, being smaller? So mabey no gush... or just more discharge - Id never had it in my life until I was pregnant, I didnt know what it was and went to the Dr's to be told thats what I was gonna get for the next 6 months, it was normal!!

Must be something about the bed lol, coz mine broke in bed too :lol: and again there was so much water i shouted (in a nice way lol) at my midwife as she hadnt told me how much water could come out lol. I know some people can have little trickles, instead of a gush. If you think it could be your waters call your MW, she'll prob tell you to go for an examination as if it is your waters i think they say you could get an infection after 48hrs so if you think it is give them a call and see what they say.

This is quite funny and ironic - they broke this morning at 6.20am and I was in bed :lol:

And you're right girls, there was no mistaking it - big gush!

C xxx

Its funny how alot of peoples go in bed, maybe its coz your relaxed or something. Well not long now then, good luck will be thinking of you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back