Question about ovulation

MrsH

Reaction score
Morning ladies,

I have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now, but this is my first post!!!

I came on Monday and what i thought finished today, so i just thought i would do an ovulation test but as I worked it out I wouldnt ovulate till next weekend, but it has brought up two dark lines - my question is - is it possible to come off af and then ovulate so quickly??? :think:

also for the last two days everytime i wiped it was been brown!

any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as i didnt think you could ovulate so quickly after your af!

thanks guys

Kate :D

there are those who ovulate during their AF, im not sure bout the brown tho :think:

u can ovulated that early , but i would expect u to have a shorter cycle , as ovualtion usually happens 10-16 before you af .

dont forget a poss pok can mean u will ovulated anythin up to 48 hours later if u just hit the start of your rise !

Are you sure you're not pregnant? An OPK will show positive if you are. Have you done a pregnancy test or did you just assume you weren't because AF came?

How long are your cycles normally?

Sus x

Yeah OPKs can show positive pregnancy so I would do a test and see whether thats the case or not

Hiya

Thank you for your replies.

No i havent tried a HPT didnt think I would be as I have just had my af!

i have just done another OPK just in case the one this morning and it is the same - both lines are dark!

My last two cycles have been 27 days!

:think:

kate

Don't want to get your hopes up but I still think you should do a pregnancy test. You never know!

Good luck.

Sus x

I would be POAS first thing tomorrow morning - even if I had to go to an all night supermarket to get one :D

I think I must just be ovulating really early for some strange reason!

If I remember I might do a HPT first thing in the morning - got a few here!

:roll:

Kate

How's it going? Did you do one in the end?

Sus x

Hi Sus,

No I didnt do a HPT test (oops I forgot!) but i did another ovulation test this afternoon and again two dark purple lines!!

Kate :shock:

Hello MrsH,

Someting is ary,as it is very odd to get so many opk's in a row. I would seriously do a hpt. Fingers crossed for you hon. Please let us know how you get on.
Becs

Do test - would be lovely to get a bfp :D
The only thing I can think of that I've read can give this is PCOS because apparently the body is continually trying to ovulate but failing. If you get a bfn - might be worth going docs?

Just done a HPT and it was negative, which i thought it would be!

had some strange symptons today though, felt sick most of the day, and a really bad headache, so i thought i would have my tea, couldnt eat it all and then felt sick afterwards, dont feel too bad now :?

In reply to the previous message, I know I do ovulate each month, as I get all the symptons etc! Oh well will keep on BDing for the next few days and see what happens!

I have tried to put a pick of the two tests I did yesterday, but not sure how you go about it!

Kate x[/img]

Courtesy of peeonastick.com :D

4. What if my OPK is positive for several days in a row? It is possible, in a normal ovulation, to have a positive OPK for several days in a row. This is because LH peaks (surges) about 12-36 hours before ovulation occurs, and then dissipates. So, you could theoretically detect this high level of LH with positive OPK's from the time it begins to the time it dissipates-- over 36 hours.

It is also possible that your body is "gearing up" to ovulate, and you have an LH surge-- and then, for some reason (such as stress, illness, travel, or random fluke), your body fails to release an egg . . . then tries, tries again ASAP with another, or overlapping, surge. If you see a positive OPK for longer than 3 consecutive days, your egg is probably just having a little trouble getting out of the starting gate. If this happens to you occasionally, it's no big deal. If it happens a lot, talk to your doctor. (I just play one on the Internet :p)

6. What if my OPK is positive almost all the time? The most common cause of constant positive or almost-positive OPK's is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS.) This disorder is usually characterized by elevated LH (hence the positive OPK's), and is common in women with very long and/or anovulatory cycles.

Don't self-diagnose, though! If you're worried (or just plain obsessed with your pee-sticks ;) call your doct-- okay, okay, you know the drill ;)

Hope that helps a little - you will still get the symptoms of OV as that's your body gearing up ready. Have you been stressed this month? :?

thanks for the info Libs x

No not really that stressed this month!!!

Oh well will see what happens in the next few weeks etc!!

Kate x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back