question about mat leave....

freepie

Reaction score
Hiya,

I am due to return to work on march 28th, after having 9 months off. I am thinking of taking the full 12 months off instead even though the final 3 months will be unpaid.

Will i still ecrue holidays during those 3 months, and would i be able to take them at the end of my maternity leave, just before i return to work?

Hope this helps

What happens to your holiday entitlement when you're on maternity leave?

You'll still build up all your entitlements to paid holiday during ordinary maternity leave. However, unless your contract says differently, you'll accrue only the statutory minimum (4.8 weeks or 24 days for those working full-time) holiday entitlement during additional maternity leave.

If your baby is due on or after 5 October 2008 you will build up all your entitlements to paid holiday throughout your ordinary and additional maternity leave.

You can add holiday to the beginning or end of your leave. You may not be able to carry over untaken holiday entitlement if your maternity leave goes over two holiday years, so it's often best to take this at the beginning of your leave.

Found it here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents...ilies/Pregnancyandmaternityrights/DG_10039631

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back