Question about flying

bumpmakes3

Reaction score
I've only just remembered ( :shock: ) that me and DH are booked on a holiday at the end of Feb, beginning of March to Benidorm for my Dad's 60th. Don't know how I managed to forget about it till now.... Thing is, I'm due almost exactly 8 wees after we get back so I'm thinking about cancelling.

I'm not a good flyer anyway and am likely to be even huger than I am now and would worry all the (short) way there about thrombosis and things and it's really a big p*ss up holiday so I wouldn't be doing any of that :shakehead: and think I'd prefer to cancel. How easy is it going to be to get my money back and will I have to get a doctor's letter or something?

Just wondered if anyone has had to do this in the past. Will be a bit of a bummer if we can't get the money back.... :(

Most airline don't allow you to fly after 7 months... have you got travel insurance? Maybe have a look over that.
Give them a call and find out?

Good luck
xx

If you have got travel insurance they should cover you for this (provided you weren't pregnant when you took out the policy/booked the holiday). If not airlines will usually let you cancel a flight and keep it open to travel at a later date. I had to cancel flights to America earlier this yr, for another reason, which were non-refundable, but i could have moved them to any other date within 6 months.

you need to check the terms of your travel insurance hon :hug: i think it varies from company to company. hopefully you'll at least be able to change the dates though.

some airlines will let you fly right up to 35 weeks with a doctors note - again, it varies on the company. i'm off on holiday in 2.5 weeks, then will be flying again at 32 weeks (gp note permitting); i did 2x 10 hour flights at 20 weeks pregnant and wouldn't want to do that again, but the ones coming up are both short haul so i'm happy enough going on them.

i'd probably feel the same as you if its gonna be a boozy holiday though - i'm a right nark when i'm surrounding by people drinking these days. i didn't even drink much before i got pregnant but i get horribly jealous now :evil: :evil:

i'll be flying at 22-24 weeks, and the insurance company told me standard insurance goes up to 26 weeks.

Like the others have said, the plane company themselves might have their own restrictions on flying past a certain date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back