Constipation

TeeUK

Reaction score
Anyone got any good remedies for constipation. I can't go and it's killing my stomach.

Also might be a silly question but is it ok to strain when your going, I'm afraid I'll do some damage to baby :oooo:

oh! I didn't want to read and run :) I've been a bit constipated too - I don't have any remedies, I'm afraid. I'm just eating lots of fruit (the ones that I know normally keep me regular. Sorry, TMI) like pineapple! And I'm trying to eat lots of wholemeal stuff - when I get hungry or feel a bit sick, I'm eating Ryvita instead of crisps, for example. If you know of things that normally help - like lentils, or a hot curry or something (!), maybe try upping your intake of those. I don't think a bit of straining will harm. Probably not the eye-popping kind of straining, though! x

Hi hun. I posted something similar when I was just pregnant. I ended up getting some lactulose from the pharmacy which soon unblocked me! Then drank prune juice to keep things moving. Straining won't hurt your baby but it could give you piles so wouldn't recommend it!

Thanks girls, I have been eating a lot of bread that probably doesn't help! Curry and prunes I could try though. See if I can get some lactulose too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back