Putting bottles in the dishwasher

Jynann

Reaction score
Morning all,

I am fed up with washing bottles every blumming morning so I was just wondering how you go about putting bottles in the dishwasher? I mean, do you have to put them on a certain setting and in a certain place?
I'm guessing you can't put them in with all the other dishes, and also what do you do with all the bits? I use dr brown's bottles and they have 6 parts so do I put all the bits in the cutlery holder :think: ?

Thanks,

Jynann xx

Hiya - i do.
I have a babycare wash on my dishwasher and proper teat holders, but i always sterilise after.
I use Dr brown bottles too and i put the 2 inner bits on the top shelf, the longer one i stick down the edge of the top shelf (if u get me!!) :)
I've been cleaning them like this for months and i've had no problems :hug: :hug:

You can buy a special cage to put all your bits and bobs in, something like this http://jojomamanbebe.co.uk/detailfash.p ... &category=

I think you are meant to put baby stuff on the top shelf of the dishwasher as otherwise the small parts will get flung around the dishwasher!

Personally I would still sterilise afterwards, although in the States they just use the DW and do not bother with sterilising.

Not sure about the DW settings, maybe check with Dr Browns.

thanks for the replies - I think i will get one of those things to put all the bits and pieces in and give it ago. I don't have a babycare setting on the dw but will just put it on a normal cycle and see how we go - I am planning on sterilizing them too tho, just to be on the safe side - I wonder why they don't in the states :think:

thanks again
jynann xx

i have always put them in the dishwasher in a normal wash with the pots, my midwife told me that they sterilize just as much if not more in the dish washer that the sterilzer unit

I think the dishwasher do sterilise ...however mine smells (the dishwasher that is!) :oops: :rotfl: so i have to sterilise too! :rotfl:

I use the dishwasher too!

I have one of the cages that you put the teats and collars into and everything just goes into the top drawer.

I sterilised everything until Mhairi was 6 months old, then the dishwasher was enough!

D'oh I've never thought about the dishwasher, didn't know you could :wall: :wall: :wall:

LaineyG said:
I use the dishwasher too!

I have one of the cages that you put the teats and collars into and everything just goes into the top drawer.

I sterilised everything until Mhairi was 6 months old, then the dishwasher was enough!

Ahh right - i was wondering this too. I know you have to sterilize till 12 months if your just washing but thought it may be 6 months if they are in the dishwasher. Didn't it used to be 6 months even if you just washed them tho? It changes so often! xx

Cool...i blimmin hate sterilising...however my dishwasher is a bit whiffy, i clean it regularly and used DW cleaners but it always has a horrible smell ( although OH thinks its my imagination) so I may just re-rinse them in cold water...or any other ideas??

have you used finish dishwasher cleaner hun makes it smell really fresh

re smelly dishwashers.....cut a lemon in half and spear it on one of the prongs on the top drawer, should last about 5 washes and makes it smell really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back