Sterilising bottles in advance?

loz

Reaction score
Is it ok for me to sterilise bottles the day before using them, seal them with the cap and then add the milk in the day after?

When I am at work it is a pain to sterilise everything in the morning - I have to do 2 lots as I need to sterilise my breast pump and bottles and bowl etc.

I was thinking if I at least got the bottles done the day before and sealed them, it should be ok?

It's not long untill Emms is 6 months and then I will only sterilise the teats as we have a dishwasher :cheer: :cheer:

I'm not sure - I think they are only sterile for 24 hours.

I do all mine in the morning - any left at night get re done.

There is apparently new guidelines to say you should do them every 3 hours. But i do them in advance. Never harmed my 4 year old nephew so doubt it'll do my daughter any harm.

LisaJ1986 said:
There is apparently new guidelines to say you should do them every 3 hours. But i do them in advance. Never harmed my 4 year old nephew so doubt it'll do my daughter any harm.

Really? I have always done mine twice a day (as I can only get 4 at a time in the sterliser) usually both times in the evening and ella is fine!

Something my sister was telling me. Her mw told her to sterilise each bottle immediately before a feed. She always makes up bottles for the day.

I would not risk it.

Have you a quick steam siriliser???
Just make sure the bottles are in there for the morning and as soon as you get up put them on for 8 min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back