CHANGE OF BOTTLES

jennifer1981

Reaction score
We have been using Dr Brown bottles with Dylan since he was 3 weeks old as he had colic and these seemed to help. Anyway... he is know great with his wind etc now so i decided to put him back onto normal Avent bottles. I gave him one tonight and he WOULD NOT take it at all. Kept trying to suck the teet but couldn't get it. I persevered with him for 20 mins (by which time he was starving and screaming) so i ended up making up a Dr Brown bottle instead which he fed off fine.

The reason i want to change from Dr Brown bottles is because they are so fiddely to wash and sterilise and he no longer needs help with colic.

How do i get him used to the new bottles? Has anyone else had experience of changing bottle brands?

We went back to TT bottles from Dr Browns. The teats are very different but we didn't have much of a problem. :? The flow is veeeeeeeeeeery slow on Dr Brown bottles so it might be that? I don't know much about the Avent bottles but would the Dr Brown teat fit on them? :hug:

those tesco bottles are ace...got them for a slow/fussy/refluxer and they were much better and £2.99 for 3 means i can change them regularly

i just continued using the dr brown bottles but took out the valve fiddly bit in the middle! its just a normal bottle then, saves you having to buy new ones!

I use TT bottles and tescos and there isnt much dofference, except tescos are way bloody chesper!]

Thanks for the great advice as always girls!

I swapped the teets from the dr brown btl onto the avent ones and they fit!

However if id have known i could have just took the valve out of the dr brown bottle and use it without i would have just done that and saved myself £30 :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back