Pulsatile Tinnitus

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Now I've been off googling again, tsk tsk I know! For the last couple of weeks I've been able to 'hear' my heartbeat pulsing away in my left ear. I googled and it comes up with Pulsatile Tinnitus which can be totally harmless. My blood pressure is fine and pulse is a normal rate even when I hear it, but now I'm hearing it all the time. I have had a cold for the last two weeks so I'm wondering if it's a bit of congestion. It just has me baffled! I've only ever had this when I've been working really hard in the gym and it's in both ears. Now I'm getting it all the time, more strongly on exertion, and especially at night time. Anyone heard of this? I'll ask my MW on Friday too!

OMG, Im so glad you have posted this Megs, I have had the EXACT same thing. I hate it, i can also hear myself talking through my ear too. Makes me talk through my nose which is horrible!

Really???? I wonder if it's a bit to do with congestion, and a bit to do with the increased bloodflow in pregnancy. How odd! Do you get it on both sides or just the one?

both sides, I have had it for a few weeks and not had any colds or anything so not thinking its congestion in my case. I have tried to blow my nose etc to see if anything works but its no use. its so frustrating because I have to talk alot with work and it really puts me off! I was thinking maybe ear drops might help?

If it's down to the increased blood during pregnancy then I think the only thing that would help would be to reduce the blood flow, and that's only going to happen once our babies have arrived! Not sure about hearing yourself louder though, that only usually happens to me when my sinuses aren't right. I'll pick my MW's brains. Pregnancy comes with the weirdest ailments!!!!

I haven't had any of this so far and know nothing about it, but i hope you both find out what it is x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back