low iron count! :-(

Danielle77

Reaction score
Had a letter through today saying that my iron count is a little low and to contact my GP for supplements. I did that and I'm going to get prescription tomorrow. This explains why I've been so tired and faint! Anybody else had this? Started googling it and scaring myself silly now! X

yep its really really common in preg! so I wouldn't worry, the only time it causes a problem is if its too low and they dont realise until quite late! I got put on iron tablets (ferrous sulphate) about 5 weeks ago and I'll have to continue for the rest of my pregnancy!

no need to worry :)

xxx

Yeh, that's what they've put me on. Brill, that's made me feel better. Can I ask - at how many weeks did you get your 3D scan done? Its very clear. Got mine on Wed and will be 30+2 x

I had it with paige and jake but not this baby. Fainted at a wedding because of it with paige lol. As long as you take the tablets as prescribed they should rise again in no time x

I had this and was put on iron tabs too, had my bloods done a couple wks ago and my levels were back to normal, kept up with the tabs just in case though but it didn't take long for my levels to rise at all so don't worry too much :) xx

Can I ask - at how many weeks did you get your 3D scan done? Its very clear. Got mine on Wed and will be 30+2 x[/QUOTE]

I havent had a 3D scan, that pic changes everyday its the computer that changes the pic everyday unfortunately not my lovely baby.

I cant afford a 3D scan very jealous you're having one! good luck with yours hope you enjoy it :)

xxx

Oh I see! How dippy of me!! No, we can't afford one either and shouldn't really be putting it on the credit card :-/ Thanks for your comments ladies x

Yeah I had this also, but in earlyish pregnancy. Took iron tablets for just over a month and my levels have been fine ever since! :thumbup:

Im on iron tablets now and was with my dd. forgot to take them for a few months and did pay the price. got breathless really quick. started taking them again yesterday and already see a bit of difference x

I reckon I have this too. Had to have repeat bloods to check but I have a lot of symptoms of iron deficiency like breathlessness and palpitations.

Hopefully it is easily treated

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back