Properly fed up now

wannabmummy

Reaction score
Just had my 38 week appointment. Baby is measuring 45CMS!!!!! Wtf??? He is 1/5 palpable as well so couldn't be any lower in my pelvis! This is scaring me so much and at my hospital they don't do anything about big babies!!! In lots of hospitals they induce for big babies, but apparently I've got to push out a mahhoooosive baby! :-( she's sending me for a scan and if they think the baby is going to be over 4.5KG then she said I shouldn't have a home birth :-( I just want to cry, so not only can I not have my home birth they won't even fucking induce me if he is a big baby!! Arrghhhh I am so upset and scared and pissed off!! Xx

ohhhh hunny you poor thing :( :( :( they can be SO SO wrong when it comes to estimating babys weight though so just try (i know its hard) to keep positive until you've had your scan. and if they do find that hes gonna be really big then force them into an induction say you cant cope mentally/physically with that etc. and it will be such a shame if you cant have a home birth as thats what you've got your heart set on but these babies have a habit of changing our plans unfortunately!! and if he is big then a hospital birth will be the safest option.

hope you manage to cheer up soon lots of love xxx

Oh hun :hugs: just remember though we have seen loads of ladies on here measuring big and then having 7-8lb babies, i think its just the way they sit, my midwife said they dont do fundal height as its inaccurate, i was only measured once at 28 weeks and i was measuring 29.

Hope the scan goes ok too, you will be ok :hugs:

Try not to panic until you have had the scan and they can tell for sure. They'll do what's safest for you and baby hun :hug: xxxxxxxx

Thanks girls! Tbh I am not that fussed about the home birth, I just want my baby to be safe, but I don't understand why I can't have it if they aren't going to do anything with me anyway?! I guess I will find out tomorrow! The midwife is going to call me with a scan appointment so it will either be for tomorrow or monday! I just want him out now, I am so uncomfortable xx

Don't worry hun, just coz you're measuring big doesn't mean baby is big! Could just be some excess fluid.

At 38 weeks I measured 55 weeks lol

On a positive side they say big babies are easier to birth though as their weight helps them to descend so baby helps more with the labour xxxx

Aw hun!!

Fx its just baby lying in a position which would make you protrude a bit more and is a normal size.

Don't worry Hun. My midwife said my growth chart shows I'm looking at have an 8lb baby but she said that on feeling my tummy there is no way baby feels 8lb and that it's the way the baby is laying plus lots of fluid. You could have lots of fluid in there. And remember even with the growth scans they can be wrong, my friends growth scan showed she was having a 7lb baby - but was only 5lb when born full term. Xxx

My growth chart showed I would have been having a 8lb 8 baby he was 7lb 4 so dont panic until you know x

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

ah man ive been fightin with the same hospital as im overdue and they estimate a 10lbs and longer he is in there, bigger he is getting, but ur a MW urself, so dont u know ways or things u could say to get things started like an induction?
if not, u stil have the medical knowledge to reassure urself that it will be safe- obviously i dont have a clue, but im just trying to hope and reassure myself that the medics know what theyre doin so by leaving me this late im hoping its coz its normal and they care, coz all i keep thinkin is forceps, c-sections and being ripped to shreds which is not helping the nerves!

Well I am going in for a scan on Monday with the consultant, so will talk to him about it then. Even though I'm a midwife I have never had this experience myself and it's still bloody scary, I've never been pregnant or experiencing any of this first hand so I still feel as anxious as the next person! I will probably try and get them to induce me if they advise against home birth, because if they think I am at risk at home, I am just as at risk in hospital for things to go wrong so I don't want to be waiting around for the risks to mount up.

:hugs:

But Yeay for getting to see the little fella again. Hopefully he is not as big as everyone keeps saying and is just lying funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back