Little Miss is....

Squiglet

Reaction score
6lb 12oz.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Had my scan today... and she's measuring around 38 weeks and is fully engaged. :dance: She's much more pro active than her sister... The consultant said that they wouldn't even consider her a pre term baby if she was born tomorrow... :) And after a lengthy conversation we have agreed that they won't induce me based on little miss's size :) which has made me feel loads better. The only time they will induce is if I go over my LMP due date... rather than my scan due date, accepting that I just have big babies :) or if there were any other major problems... I have another scan on the 9th just to make sure as my fluid was on the low side again although she doesn't think I'll make it there (I'm less optimistic :rotfl: )... but other than that all looked good, even saw her sucking her thumb... :shock:

So that was one of my favorite xmas pressies... but also means the newborn baby vests I've packed in my hossie bag won't fit already :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Congrats squig :D I'm surprised she's fully engaged, doc told me that subsequent babies dont often engage until the very end or even when labours established. Wish mine would fully engage as his head bobbin about the pelvis is driving me nuts with discomfort! :wall:

Pregnopaws said:
Congrats squig :D I'm surprised she's fully engaged, doc told me that subsequent babies dont often engage until the very end or even when labours established. Wish mine would fully engage as his head bobbin about the pelvis is driving me nuts with discomfort! :wall:

That's exactly what I've been told too... but this consultant is the head obgyn of the hospital... and she said its rare but not unheard of but its why she doesn't think I'll make my due date (yer right :roll: ) It would explain the cracking noise in my pelvis when she kick now though :think: and why it feels like I need to poop and wee all the time :rotfl:

but then they say first babies engage at 7/8 months, and Tia didn't till I was in labour, so go figure :roll: both my daughter's like to defy the norm... just like their mum :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Come on Squiglet, we need a New Year (midnight) baby! Just to let you know that I was that exact weight when I was born and I was 3 weeks early, lol :D

gr8 news hun :D

sorry for bring dumb too but how do they tell the weight? is it just from the measurements on the scan? just wondered if they'd be able to tell me tomorrow or not

moomoo192 said:
gr8 news hun :D

sorry for bring dumb too but how do they tell the weight? is it just from the measurements on the scan? just wondered if they'd be able to tell me tomorrow or not

They can estimate from the scan but can be out a lb or two either way

midna said:
fkin hell morag 37 weeks ...what the hell is going on ...where has the last month gone lol :D

You and Lisa are ready to drop although Im hoping Lisa will go over by 13 days also muwhahax

bitch lol...

and squig..everyone i have spoken to about engaging have also said 2nd babys dont engage till labor.. but mines a bit engaged to.. very odd..and also midwife said its not u heard of for them to not engage.. but also once they get past 1/5th they dont come bk out?? :think:

im glad they are agreeing with ur decision not to induce you coz of bubs size.. nice to know your wishes are being listened to :hug:

woo hoo! Thats great news and very exciting Squig!
Cant believe how big she is already! Fingers crossed she will make an appearance sooner rather than later. :cheer: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back