Product Recall on Britax Baby safe car seat

lyndsey_28

Reaction score
Due to a potential quality issue with a component, the handle of certain BRITAX BABY-SAFE infant carriers can be damaged or, in adverse circumstances, detach, if sudden force is applied to the handle. This may cause the infant carrier to swing, to separate, to fall to the ground or to arrive in other unsafe situations when carrying the product. This can pose a risk of injury to the occupying child especially if it is – against the user instructions - not harnessed. The defect may not be recognised by the consumers instantly.

We are asking consumers that have purchased one of the potentially affected products (purchased between 1st February & 31st March 2012) to stop using it with immediate effect.

We have stopped retail sale of the product immediately and are asking consumers to please check the item number and the serial number to ascertain whether their product is affected or not.

Please note, the recall only relates to the BABY-SAFE but NOT to the BABY-SAFE plus II or the BABY-SAFE plus SHR II.

for more info i put the link below as this can identify if urs is one that has been affected

http://www.baby-safe-recall.eu/index.php?l=uk

this has no affect on me as i bout a silvercross but no there may be a few of you that have this so though id share xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks for this Lyndsey, I saw this the other day and had a mild panic as it's the same car seat as we have.

So I went and got it from his grans and we are all good it's not one of the ones affected, YAY, I had visions of us being without a car seat before baby arrived lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back