Probably a silly question....

emman24

Reaction score
hey! I know a lot of you are preg 2nd time around so I thought I'd post this here. I'm hoping to breastfeed, but my milk doesn't seem to have came in yet. I know it should just be the colostrum but nothing is happening. They've actually shrank a bit over past few weeks. One of my cousins told me that she couldn't feed because she didn't get any milk at all. Is this true?? She's the only person that I've ever heard this happening to but now I'm getting worried it will happen to me..

Sorry if thats a really stupid thing to ask, just starting to get a bit paranoid..

xx

I'm on my first but no sign of any milk or leakages for me - have read different things so trying not to ge too alarmed or stressed over it.

Hope someone on here who is on second baby can help :hug:

Thanks lisa-marie. That makes me feel tons better, I'm prob just being too impatient :oops:

I asked my MW this question at our "Breastfeeding" antenatal class.

Apparently many ladies dont show any signs of milk, leakage or otherwise until their LO's are born.........even then, although most women produce milk not everyone actually leaks!!

I personally havent had any signs of my milk coming in as yet - no leakage, nothing -Im not worried though!!

Dont panic just yet hun, milk doesnt come in for a couple of days after birth and sometimes you wont be able to get anything out till almost when you have baby.

I'm having my first baby and I've had no leakage at all so far... so dont worry! :hug: apparently some people dont leak at all throughout pregnancy :D

your right about the colostrum coming first as your milk doesnt come in until about 3-5 days after birth :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back