• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

preparing for THE BIG DAY!!

EllieG

Reaction score
Hiya all...
Have just been wondering what everyone has been doing to prepare for labour, so far i have done nothing as i was convinced my bubs was breech and i would have a c - section... so panic mode I have sent hubby to argos for a gym ball and looked on Birth pool in a box web site for a pool , how about raspberry leaf tea, too early do you think??
argggggghhh all of a sudden i feel like i have no time! :shock:

Hi

I havent done anything i know its still early, but i also dont know if i have to have another section or if ill be able to go natural so all thats on my mind now is how my labour will turn out.!

For you at your stage i was trying everything to prepare , unfortanetly nothing worked for me but maybe it will for you
Katrina

Ive got a birthing ball but tbh i dont use it much. I drink raspberry leaf tea :puke: try to have two cups a day.

Lots of shea butter on my tum, nesting like a loon, washed all the baby's clothes and bedding today, Im also just finishing adding bits to my labour bag...

As u can see im proper 'sorting' now but only got 24 days left :shock:

I find raspberry leaf tea vomitsum do the tablets work just as well???

Yeah I break the capsule open to make it a tea tho as i read somewhere it does the trick better as more easily absorbed, but taking it as a pill would be sooooo much nicer lol

I've been doing lots of relaxation and visualizing, practising my breathing techniques, and looking into how the body births, learning to understand my uterus, reading positive, natural birth stories and trying my best to eat well and drink plenty of water, and I love my ball, LO loves it when I bounce on it too :lol:

I believe the best thing you can do to prepare is to stay positive on an easy and normal birth, with a healthy, happy result :hug:

I absolutly loved my birth ball...

when i was in labour at home bouncin on it really helped :D

Continually spring cleaning when i have the energy, making sure everything is where hubby will be able to find it (baby items and my stuff), But as for labour i'll go with the flow as they say, still don't know where this baba will be born(home or hos).

i cleaned and went shopping lol, have lotsa sex too cos that helps haha!! :lol:

I am concentrating at the moment on getting lo into a good position as she is currently back to back, I really don't want to be induced this time so will try anything!! Have been nesting for weeks and it really isn't like me, I like a tidy house but have taken it to the extreme a little!!

:hug: Ellie, I do hope LO moves round soon to put your mind at ease :) Like others have said, getting on all fours, using a ball, swimming and relaxing and imagining your LO moving round will all help you, on a positive note, my best friend and her sister both gave birth to back to back babies who were very healthy and happy :) very best wishes :hug:

I dread having another back to back baby. All my contraction pains were in my back and my bum and it was not nice :(

Oh, and to cap it all, nobody told me that when I was in labour or you can bet your bottom dollar I would have gone for an epidural!

Petrified of it happening again so nearer the time I will be doing all I can to make sure this LO moves his butt! :shock:

Oh and sex worked for me in getting LO no. 1 moving on out :rotfl:

My eldest was back to back and I had acupuncture in the end to turn her. Have just been out and brought raspberry leaf tea capsules, any idea on how i should start taking them? Slowly maybe?? It says one up to six times a day on the packet but i dont want to over do it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back