juggling university studies & a child?

summer2011

Reaction score
basically, i think i may be pregnant. I have taken two HPT & one came negative, one positive. I took the tests within 4 days of one another and have heard where it is common to receive a false negative, it is not so common to receive a false positive, therefore am waiting a few more days til i take another test to see the outcome then off to the doctors dependant on the outcome!
Although i am only 19 years old, i am in a stable, loving relationship with my partner of two years and we have both discussed the situation and if i am in fact pregnant, we will be keeping the baby. However, i am due to start university in September to undertake a degree. I have spoken to a couple of people i know who currently attend university part time and still manage to bring up their child. I know that i can study my degree part time, instead of full time, which would still gain me a degree, just a little longer than anticipated!

has anybody ever been/is anybody in this situation that can offer me some advice/personal experience

thanks in advance :)

Funny you should post this I've just put a post very similar in the mums advice bit and there were a couple of students with babies who replied. http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/ask-a-mum/198578-any-students-mums-studying-out-there.html

I'm due to go into year 4 this year of my architecture course but not sure how I'll manage with a new baby it's so hard to know what to do. Sounds like you could well be pregnant but your best to give it another few days and test again or buy a super sensitive test and try it first thing when your hormone levels will be highest. Let us know how you get on x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back