pregnant for the first time at 39

tlc39

Reaction score
Hi, this week I found out I am pregnant - this is a longed for pregnancy but I have concerns. I spoke to my gp who was very supportive but wanted to find out about experiences others have had being pregnant at an older age. I am also really worried that the pregnancy will not be viable - I haven't had any bleeding but have been experiencing moderate cramps. Everything I have read suggests this is normal but I am a worrier. Any advice would be greatly received. Thank you

I'm younger than you but I had terrible cramps when I first conceived. Cramps don't mean anything if there's no bleeding :) Yes you have a higher chance of miscarriage, but it's a minimum 25% chance regardless of age. If you're fit and healthy there is no reason your pregnancy won't be complication free.

Hi, this week I found out I am pregnant - this is a longed for pregnancy but I have concerns. I spoke to my gp who was very supportive but wanted to find out about experiences others have had being pregnant at an older age. I am also really worried that the pregnancy will not be viable - I haven't had any bleeding but have been experiencing moderate cramps. Everything I have read suggests this is normal but I am a worrier. Any advice would be greatly received. Thank you
Hi there!!

I'm also 39 and 7 months pregnant now :) And I DEFINITELY had cramping in the beginning.... that's very normal.

My situation is a bit different as I have two already but I am the same age of you, about to turn 40. I expected midwives and doctors to make a fuss (negatively) about my age and not one has commented at all (not good or bad) which is good to know. I haven't had cramps this time but I definitely did the first time. I went through the last two pregnancies so calm thinking all will be OK (it was) but this time I am worrying so much more. I think it's because it twins and now I have my head around that, I am so over the moon with this double blessing and I just desperately want everything to go well. So I understand you being anxious especially if it's so longed for

Congratulations @tlc39! Such exciting news and you fill me with hope, I am 37, almost 38 and have been trying for #1 for just over a year. Happy and healthy 9 months to you xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back