• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

pregnant and jobhunting

Riley's Mommy

Reaction score
im looking for a job. how is the best way to tackle me being pregnant?

should i put it in my CV? and if so how shall i word it?

or shall i tell them at interviews? and again, how shall i tackle it?

thanks in advance for your help

just go to the interview and let your belly do the talking! :rotfl:

my belly isnt that big atm, and with my suit, it wont be that noticable i wouldnt think.

I think you should put it in your CV so that way if you do get an interview they already know, where as if you just go there and they find out that way there is a chance you wont get the job, not that they can say but some employers make up an excuses

i think your right. at least then i know im not wasting my time.

but what would i say :?

Its actually (so iv been told so if im wrong dont shoot messenger) illegal not to give a pregnant woman a job on the grounds that she is pregnant because its classed as discrimination, basically the same as if someone wasnt given a job because of their race sexuality etc. legally you do not have to declare you are pregnant untill you have the job etc. Personally though i would tell thwm in the interview because if you put it in your cv they may decide not to get you as far as the interview stage if you tell them in the interview they have had a chance to meet you and see your personality qualities etc.

i don't think you should say anything, because they wont take on some one that's pregnant, just so they can go on maternity leave..

be careful what work you go for

nothing too stressful, and that you'll be on your feet all day

good luck :hug:

i see your point.

and although its discrimination, they would put it down as lack of expierience ect . there good at that kind of thing.

ok ill leave it off then. and start applying.

but what shall i say if i get an interview somewhere. other than 'oh im pregnant btw'

I would just say whilst your there after the about ten minutes just say, I realise I should of said something before now but I wanted you to see me as ME, so youd see the person I am but I am pregnant, ( i dont think youll be able to get smp because youve not worked there previous to you getting pregnant ) and I would hope to if i got the position to return to work when the baby is .... then go from there

The reason why i said it's better to say before hand is because if you do get the interview then its because they like you! It is illegal for an employer to not give you a job/sack you because your pregnant but whos to know that is the reason they could make up something else and you would never know

yes true and that wud most likely be the case but its easier to assess aperson when you meet face to face

iknow what you mean hun but it is hard to find a job while pg as i was looking but couldnt find one try the agency work good luck anyway :D

I wouldnt put it on an application form. I was preg with my last job and told them at the end of the interview. Got the job and they appreciated my honesty. Plus at interview you can gauge their reactions and know if youve done well or not, on an application form you cant see that and then try to prove discrimination.

i agree with minime and alfiesmummy
tell them at the interview after they have had a chance to meet you in person. that way you can try and judge how well the interview has gone first and if you don't get the job you'll have a better idea whether they've discriminated against you.
i have changed jobs whilst pregnant and that's what i did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back