Pregnancy exercises?

satch

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know what sort of exercise you're all doing at the moment.

I'm doing a bit of dog walking and have just started ante-natal yoga. I'm wondering whether I should do something else. I don't want to overdo it, just stay fit and healthy in the right places for the birth.

I generally walk my dog 2 or 3 times a day, and my new maternity swimsuit has arrived, so thought I would start doing some gentle swimming sessions a couple of times a week! I have looked into yoga also and plan to make some enquiries this week.

My friend who is also 16 weeks pregnant is cycling 15 miles twice a week........Im not sure this is such a great idea???

Hiya,
I'm trying to go swimming once a week, I also have a cardio pregnancy work dvd which I also try and do once a week - I have to do some exercises as I suffer from weak core muscles after having my first baba, I suffer from bad lower back and hip pains and exercise is the only cure!

Pilates is also really good, I try and throw some of that in when I can!!! :roll:

Not a lot for me im afraid.. just a bit of walking. I cant find any antenatel classes around. I went to an aqua aerobics class but it was soooo boring! I prefer kickboxing or sports but cant do that whilst preggers.

I think you should be fine doing what you are doing.

Claire x

Im not doing anything :( I was trying to walk more etc get the blood moving but now I cant :( (stupid PGP/SPD) and planned on going swimming a couple of times a week but never get round to it! :(

EllieBelle said:
My friend who is also 16 weeks pregnant is cycling 15 miles twice a week........Im not sure this is such a great idea???

As long as she was doing it before it's fine. I was doing quite a heavy exercise routine before I got pregnant and got told to continue for as long as I could. Which I tried for about a week before nausea kicked in and I couldn't do much because I felt sick constantly.

Now I do nothing. I was planning on getting back to the gym after my nausea went but once that went I got back pain. Am deffo going to try yoga though.

TBH I do nothing!!!

I used to go to gym four tomes a week before...but since getting pregnant I just so exhausted (hmmpphh supposed to subside in tri 2 my arse!) that I can manage to work and thats it!! Its shameful for me as I feel lazy but its tough boobies tbh :D

charlotte_ said:
walking to the fridge & back!

Same here and running around after my 17 month year old!

Went for a nice family day out yesterday to Llangranog and had to park the car at the top of a steep hill as no room on the beach and then had a mooch around Aberaeron, was shattered last night and couldn't keep my eyes open so ended up in bed at 8.45pm!! Sure it was down to all the walking around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back