Pregnancy diet

KirstyD

Reaction score
Hi girls,

What are you all eating? I'm quite a fussy person anyway and it seems all the things on the good list which i should eat, i don't like. I'm not much of a lover of many fruit and veggies. I'm taking pregnancy vitamin supplement, but is this enough, should i be forcing myself to eat more fruit and veg?

All I seem to fancy at the moment is naughty food, especially crisps! :shhh:

What to do!

In general I just eat what I fancy but I've been trying to add things in without me having to taste them too much - like extra veg chopped small in spag bol and lettuce in my sandwiches. I also frink fruit juice with my breakfast as that's supposed to be good.

I think the main thing is that you're getting a bit of everything, try having more of the fruit/veg you do like and that should be ok. If you're really picky then speak to your MW about it as they can advise you if you need to add anything in.

I am eating exactly as I was before I was pregnant, albeit a lot more :D I still eat chocolate etc, although have started buying the pre-packed fruit salad mixes you can buy, as I find I am much more likely to eat them if all prepared for me :D

As long as your diet is varied and you are getting protein, carbs and vitamins you should be absolutely fine!!

i had previously lost 5 stone before getting pregnant, and i did it through very healthy eating. however soon as i discovered i was pregnant all i seem to want is very bad food! goes totally against everything i believed in! But as long as i have a happy and healthy pregnany i am trying not to get too hung up on the whole food thing. i try and have at least one proper meal a day, since im getting nausea i tend to snack throughout the day.

Im eating loads of fruit and a little veg ! dont like veg much, loads of chicken and generally eating a healthy as I can ( I dont usually ! and Im pretty Overweight ! ) .

So I am trying my best !

Good thing is its healthy stuff im Craving at the Mo ! So thats good ! :D

Have what you fancy and try your best thats all you can do xx Im sure you will be fine !

I am being pretty good as im so conscious of gaining more weight as my pregnancies are so close together.
I am actually craving really healthy stuff and i made a huge container full of fresh fruit salad yesterday so just keep picking at that. My top tip is just make sure your fridge is full of nice healthy stuff and no bad stuff so that you cant pick even if you want to. (thats if your bothered about weight gain that is - if you dont then buy lots of choccie and enjoy!)
Saying that i did have the biggest sweet craving the other day and we had nothing in so i defrosted a layer of James's christening cake and ate most of it by myself!!! :rotfl:

the only thing thats getting me down is im that knackered all the time and sicky feeling im not really doing much exercise and i promised myself i would. But I guess having James means im a lot more active anyway than i was when i was preggers with him.

I just really dont want this one to be any bigger than he was!! :pray:

The best way to absorb vitamins is via food, but tablets are fine. But still fruit and veg are good when PG. Eating crap isn't great for baby growing in there tbh. In moderation of course have treats and so on but don't live on junk/processed food etc.

You need more starch/carbs when PG so eating pasta and rice etc is good.

what ever i can keep down. TBH im just eating what ever OH or alice is eating.

its got to the stage where if i fancy crap and i think i can hold it down im eating it!!

I just want carbs constantly! i could live on mash, sarnies and pasta at the moment! Not looking forward to trying to lose the weight after :wall:
I'm trying to eat fruit with breakfast as it's the only time I fancy it and I'm making sure I have veg with either dinner or tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back