Pregnancy and Fancy dress!

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Hi y'all!

I need you to get your creative juices flowing, it is my younger brother's 21st birthday in April and I will be roughly 29 weeks along - so rather round (I already have my baby belly so dread to think how much bigger I will be!).

The theme is Super Heroes and Villians :shock:

Any suggestions? I had someone say Superman's parents and another suggested I do catwoman, but just be huge. More idea welcome!

I have ANOTHER fancy dress party when I am 35 weeks along but that is easier, the theme is 1982 (the birthday boy was born that year), so I am going to dress up as his mum who was obviously heavily pregnant that year :D

So, ideas for a villian or hero I can be? :eh:
Thanks In Advance!

Madonna!! get a t-shirt made up cheap on vistaprint or somewhere with LIKE A VIRGIN down the front, then just bling it up with neon coloured jewellery and lace fingerless gloves. whack on a pair of leggings and stick a scarf in your back combed hair and your are done! I am going to see her Madgesty in July, and that is what I am doing. (cafepress do maternity t-shirts)

virgin mary and all that!

This might sound a silly idea but how about a Care Bear? They had a big round belly with a picture on. They're not traditional superheroes but most people loved them when they were little!

Good luck with it!

You could go as Ursula from The Little Mermaid, she isn't pregnant but is quite large, and if you look at pictures her tummy is reaaallllly round. I think i'd go with that, it'd be fun to paint yourself blue and to make the tentacles you could get a floor length black strapless dress and shred the bottom half and maybe put in some wire/pipe cleaners to make the strips curly and tentacle-like. You'd also need to stick all your hair up. It'd look brilliant!

I'm sure here is a Japanese anime figure that's pregnant but can't remember her name!!! I think she's a hero..... Maybe something like yuki or suki sorry can't be much more helpful than that!!!

What about the (Fairy Godmother) from cinderella ... she was like a super hero - she come to cinderella's rescue & did her magic so she could go the ball LOL!!! plus the fairy godmother had a great big puffy out dress so you wouldnt really see your bump behind all them underskirts or puffy skirt.

Am sure if you go to a fancy dress shop they would have the fairy godmother outfit or you could get a old wedding dress & use that :) & get a crown & wand from the £1 shop hehehe - with the wings to match. I seen a set in there only the other day in the kids section ;)

xx

Last edited:
I would go as a very non-traditional wonder woman. Wear the boots and head band and the skirt if u want, but have a t-shirt that says 'I wonder how this happened?!?!' Written on it lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'm sure here is a Japanese anime figure that's pregnant but can't remember her name!!! I think she's a hero..... Maybe something like yuki or suki sorry can't be much more helpful than that!!!

YES!!!!!!
Omg that's perfect!
Her name is Most Fruitful Yuki lol. I remember they talked about her in that film 'Juno' xx

I have ANOTHER fancy dress party when I am 35 weeks along but that is easier, the theme is 1982 (the birthday boy was born that year), so I am going to dress up as his mum who was obviously heavily pregnant that year :D

Ha ha, that is GENIUS!!!!

Thanks everyone.

I had thought of Ursula, the larger lady villain :)
I shall research into the anime hero - but as I don't know it may be harder to convince others when I'm there.

MrsT - points to you for the website!

YES!!!!!!
Omg that's perfect!
Her name is Most Fruitful Yuki lol. I remember they talked about her in that film 'Juno' xx

That's it im sure she wears all black so an easy costume!!! My friends super into anime and I knew I'd heard it somewhere else and I love the film Juno!!!!! It's a film both me and my oh watch so much so he has the soundtrack on his iPod!!!!

I'd totally go as this as at least your original and actually researched it!!!

One of my friends dressed up as a space hopper once, I know it's not technically super hero but I loved my space hopper and it made me feel special like super heroes do :)............too loose a tie lol :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back