Pregaday

Bee7

Reaction score
I've posted so many times about this tablet but i'm really confused about what it's actually for. My GP perscribed me about 4 months worth when i first found out i was pregnant and i took it during the first trimester because it contains folic acid and i knew its important for baby.

Now i'm in my second trimester i've stopped taking it as i don't think folic acid as as important now (could be wrong???) and i didn't really find a benefit in the iron supplement in the tablet - didn't make me feel any less tired etc, in fact sometimes made me feel worse. I've stopped taking it for about 2/3 weeks now, but my mum seems to think i should take the perscribed dose and only stop when it runs out. Has anyone else had experience with this tablet? I'm really confused xxxx

It's an iron tablet, have you had blood test to say your iron is low? I have to take it most of the time I'm pregnant as my iron always go's low but I've never herd of it been taken for folic acid xxxx

It's an iron tablet primarily but its also combined with folic acid. Nobody told me my iron level is low, the only reason i think my GP perscribed it was because i said i'd been getting tired, but it didn't really help with that anyway xx

I get it every pregnancy but only after blood checks to check my levels sure it's fine tho but just stop if you don't feel like you need it anymore

I was told folic acid is important throughout the pregnancy... i would go back to ur gp and see what he says. i take multi vitamins :)

I've continued to take a pregnancy multi vitamin and will do so until baby arrives.nbut it's up to u Hun.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back