Pram? Pushchair? Travel System? HELP!

I have a silvercross 3d. Used it from birth to 2yrs+
I've only just stopped using it everyday as AJ wants to walk more regularly. (Never had a problem apart from the sun canopy zip on the hood broke. They replaced it free of charge, after a year of use but they don't make them like that any more). Its lovely a comfy and AJ sleeps great in it. He still has room in the footmuff too!
I think no matter what size basket you have you'll always want bigger. I never had a problem accessing the basket which is a big complaint with the 3d. It has poppers on the basket so you can undo it and make access easier and it takes seconds.

I'm going to agree with the other ladies, go and have a play with lots of prams.
Push, fold, put raincover on, attach carseat, pram etc :D And most importantly have fun!!

I have a silvercross 3d. Used it from birth to 2yrs+
I've only just stopped using it everyday as AJ wants to walk more regularly. (Never had a problem apart from the sun canopy zip on the hood broke. They replaced it free of charge, after a year of use but they don't make them like that any more). Its lovely a comfy and AJ sleeps great in it. He still has room in the footmuff too!
I think no matter what size basket you have you'll always want bigger. I never had a problem accessing the basket which is a big complaint with the 3d. It has poppers on the basket so you can undo it and make access easier and it takes seconds.

I'm going to agree with the other ladies, go and have a play with lots of prams.
Push, fold, put raincover on, attach carseat, pram etc :D And most importantly have fun!!

I have this too - haven't played with it yet but I'm really fussy about prams and this was the only mid-range priced one that I liked. Seems to have everything I want.

I have done loads of my baby shopping online but agree that with a pram you need to go and play with them - I couldn't believe how heavy some are or how huge some of the wheels were....I knew I'd struggle to get them on the bus!! I recommend John Lewis for good advice and demo's - they were fantastic at showing how it all worked (forgotton it all now tho). Mothercare were rubbish and didn't even offer us any help!! xxx

Last edited:
i was thinking about getting the silver cross 3d but after reading the posts here i might look into the Hauck concord as it looks good and costs less thanks girlies

well i have now got my pram and i went for the silvercross 3d its lovely and really easy to use. Now all i need is the baby lol

I've been to local baby shops and think I've decided on the Babystyle Oyster :)
You can choose your colour scheme (and change it whenever you like!) plus it got Which? Best Buy awards in 2009 and 2010 and it's super easy to use, collapse, steer and has all the bits I want :D
Sorted ;) xx

We have just ordered the mamas and papas sola, its the only buggy i liked really and the price was right (i have expensive taste) Originally thought i would go for the icandy cherry but when i looked at it up close i didnt think the quality looked as good as the sola, also the sola fold up quite small and we got the carrycot and car seat to go with it. I liked the fact that the car seat just goes on to the frame instead of on top of the pushchair. Its all good fun pushchair hunting :) theres something out there for everyone!

I've been looking at the Jane pushchairs this time around, only on the net though not test driven one yet! I was looking at the Jane Rider Matrix travel system. You can get a package deal around £600ish with the car seat (the car seat actually lies flat so you can use as a carrycot. Thought this was a really good idea as I love carrycots in the early days but they grow out of them so quickly.

Last edited:
I've gone for something a bit different - phil and teds explorer on red and black. Mainly because - it can be used from birth in the lie flat position - it has an adaptor to use with my maxi cosi cabriofix car seat (which I thought was the safest one) - it can be made into a double if I have another baby in the next couple of years and - I think it looks quite funky too as I fancied a three wheeler xx

Yes my car seat is matrix one that lies back and can then be used as a normal car seat after :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back