Pram Advice??

rachyryan

Reaction score
I went pram shopping with dh today, and i think we have pretty much decided on the baby style oyster. The only thing is with the stroller it cant be used from birth so they recommended the carrycot, however i am thinking is this just a huge waste on money. I think i will only really use this occassionally, the lady in the shop said that although the stroller is recommended from 6 months + as it's nearly a lie flat base she said you could probably use it from around 4 months. When i am out and about in town i would probably just use the travel system but as it will be November when baby is born I am thinking baby would be more cosy and protected from the elements in a carrycot. What do you girls think about seperate carrycots? Or are there any other prams i should take a look at before we buy?

honestly you dont need a carry cot as it does the same thing as a car seat but if you fancy having one with a carry cot as well for a change when your going to be out and about and not getting in and out of car check out kiddisave hteyve a reduction on hauck condor all in one, comes with both carry cot and car seat and alot cheaper than most places

trouble with a carry cot is its not as greatly secured in the car i dont think so ud probably have to move baby into carseat once getting in which is a shame to do if they are asleep xx

Thanks roxane, I have a tiny car so if i was using the carry cot it would only be when i am out walking as it wouldnt fit in my boot at all, personally i didnt realise that you couldnt use the stroller from birth, it really looks to me as if it's nearly lie flat anyway. I am really not fussed about a carry cot, in fact i think it's a huge waste of £100. The sales people are really convincing though!

I'm getting a carry cot (and a different car as ours is tiny and not driving the camper round town!) as baby needs to lie flat as it's not recommended you keep them in car seats too long as the spine is still developing. However I'm not buying a Moses basket so carry cot will double up there instead and save some money.

Last edited:
Thats really nice and a fab price too, thanks for that

i know i couldnt believe it when i saw the price, it will be nice as i dont drive so i can just use the carry cot but when my fiance is with us we can use the car seat to get us to and from the shops etc

I decided to buy the carrycot as LO can only be in the car seat for up to 2 hours as they are scrunched up xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back