Postpartum Psychosis

northerngirl

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience of this and would be willing to share their experiences, doesn't have to first hand, just any advice would be helpful. Private messaging would be great as I know this is quite a personal subject, but I'm currently dealing with this and so far have never met anyone else who has xo

I haven't but just wanted to say I hope you're ok. I do have quite severe mental health problems myself so although I can't imagine what you're going through I can empathise.

You are poorly at the minute, but will get better. I read a really good blog a while back (sorry can't remember what it's called) whose author had it, and is completely better after treatment. It's an illness, and nothing to do with your personality or abilities, just something that broke in you that needs fixing.

Good luck Hun xxxxx

Thankyou for your reply, I've been getting lots of help and now that I have the right medication the symptoms are becoming much more managable xo

No experience here but glad you are getting help and hope things continue to improve for you x

Hello! Wasn't able to PM you so will reply here. I personally experienced postpartum psychosis. I would be happy to answer any of your questions. You can contact me through my website under jennifer moyer

I now advocate for moms & families experiencing pp. I am also the author of the book, A Mother's Climb Out of Darkness: A Story About Overcoming Postpartum Psychosis. It is available on Amazon.

If you are not familiar with Action Postpartum Psychosis, I encourage you to visit their website.

Postpartum Psychosis is an extremely difficult experience but you will get better with help and support. Remember you are not alone.

It's took me ages to find this post again, I couldn't remember which section it was in... How are you doing today? Hope you're ok xxx

Thankyou Jenn I'm gonna have a look for that book now :) girly things are a lot better at the moment, thankyou for asking. I've been on the olanzapine and fluoxetine for over a week now and they seem to be helping a lot. Getting regular visits from the mental health team which is good as it means that I avoided hospital and didn't have to seperated from my little boy xox

We have a hospital near us that allows babys and mums to stay together ( I was very scared of getting pp so I asked to at least put that concern to bed). It's very early for your meds to be working, so if you're feeling better already them that's an amazing sign!

You're doing amazing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back